“Best grocery store”

Draeger's
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in San Mateo
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Top of the line grocery store. More expensive than others but quality is high in all departments. Large free parking lot & street psrking.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I first visited Draeger's due to a coupon for a free quiche (with a $10 purchase). The selection was limited; I ended up with the ham and cheese. Of course, one doesn't limit one's purchases to the subject of a coupon. I also tried the chicken pot pie and a selection from the salad bar.

Both the quiche and chicken pot pie had good flavor. The only thing I didn't like about the chicken pot pie was that it had mushrooms that I had to pick out as I ate--too much work.

The stand out item was the salad bar. I give it high marks because the lettuce was not brown or wilted! In addition, there is a wide selection of other ingredients. Subsequently, I've been back just for the salad bar. The first time, I couldn't find the containers. They were somewhat hidden. I have to stop myself from being too heavy handed, though. My first salad was about $17.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Draeger's is a great store...nice staff, quality products, and an excellent gift shop upstairs. One holiday season I was looking everywhere for what I guess is an old-fashioned type of baking ingredient - candied fruit. My daughter and I wanted to bake some panettone and other treats that required candied fruit. Lunardi's carried one flavor, I believe it was citron, while Draeger's had every kind you could wish for. I don't do my major shopping here, but I do appreciate having it in our town for special items and gifts.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

And then some. All very best quality everything, lavish pastries and full cheese and deli sections. Their wine selections both in depth and quality put most if not almost all wine shops as pretenders. They have multi thousand dollar French and Italian wines behind locked glass which is about as close as most people will get to them. And the prices match - but everything there is top drawer.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

The employees are nice, and have been here forever. Too many of the customers are Nouveau Rude. Shop during the week to avoid as many as you can of them.

Roberts of Woodside is simply better, especially if you're buying a pre-prepared holiday meal.

While you're here, pick up some McConnell's ice cream. The Mint Chip and Chocolate Coated Strawberry are especially good.