“My go to place for dumplings! ”
Review of Town of Dumpling

Town of Dumpling
Ranked #154 of 454 Restaurants in San Mateo
Reviewed May 16, 2015 via mobile

This is my " go to" place for yummy dumplings! I have Ben here three times and we always get the chicken and Napa cabbage dumplings. The dumpling soup is tasty and so is the chicken fried rice. I rated it "very good" because when I ordered the chicken sticks, the spice they added after it was cooked was too spicy for our taste.
You know the dumplings are good when you can see a lady in the back hand make them through a glass window.

Reviewed February 16, 2015

The place is hidden in the side roads of San Mateo. You can pass by it and not notice it. It's small and fits only a small number of people. That said, the food is here is real good! Been in the bay area for over a year now and today was the first time R & I have really tasty dumplings actually tasty food in general. We kinda went over board when we ordered as we wanted to try a little bit of everything. We had the lamb skewers to die for, some great sesame beef pancake , jelly fish and cucumber (which was not real jelly fish to our disappointment but mushroom) and 3 types of dumplings: -Beef and shrimp combo: very very good. -soup dumpling: filled with absolutely delicious soup and beef. -Chicken and corn; kinda sweet but very tasty. -Lamb dumplings: these babies were the highlight of the meal. If you are a fan of lamb you are gonna love these! We also got a free chicken chow mein unlocked from yelp. The whole meal was really enjoyable, the lady serving us was very friendly and always smiling.

Oh and they only take cash!!

Date of visit: February 2015