“Great Service/ so so hotel”

Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Service/ so so hotel”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The hotel is a little run down, but the service was great. I recommend one a bit further from the airport (if location isn't an issue) for a nicer H.I

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Jessieriboli,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. I am pleased that our staff was able to off set this displeasure with great service. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed teh night closer to the airport to catch an early flight. It is close enough to the airport but not noisy at all. The rooms were very clean. So, the only thing I did was checkin, sleep and took the shuttle early morning. It all worked out very well. Will do it again.

tucson
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I couldn't get online to do work from 9 pm to 11:30 pm. I complained and they said the internet usually goes down when they get busy.
Very rude attendant at their way overpriced breakfast restaurant.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Pros:
1) Hotel is great. New, big and super clean. Probably the nicest Holiday Inn I have stayed.
2) Good area

Cons:
1) Staff is not very friendly. I waited for 5+ minutes when I first arrived because the front desk lady was on the phone.
2) No free breakfast
3) I was charged $2.00+ for a bottle of water
4) Checked out early and nobody at the desk for a long time. Didnt get receipt.

Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2012

During my recent stay at the San Mateo Holiday Inn I locked my keys in my rental car. I rented the car 200 miles away so there was no way to go get a second key. I had just arrived and my suitcase and briefcase were still in the car. I did not even have my glasses. I went to the front desk and admitted to what I had done. I was so embarassed. I asked for a coat hanger and I went outside to try and break into my rental car. After about ten minutes as I was still trying get into my car a locksmith pulled up. The clerks at the front desk were so nice and had called Rema Marans the Sales Manager, who unknown to me immediately called a locksmith. The locksmith opened the car in 2 minutes. Rema Marans took care of the locksmith charges. I can not thank Rema, the frfont desk staff at the Holiday Inn San Mateo including the maintenance man who found me a wire coat hanger enough for their help and assistance. While this was not a earth shattering problem, their helpful attitude was greatly appreciated. I will definately stay there my next visit. It was very clean and my room was vedry nice.
Mike Thomas

1 Thank mike t
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I switched to this hotel from a larger, seemingly more upscale hotel based on the great reviews this one had compared to the other, and the inclusion of complimentary parking and wi-fi in the reasonable rate. I was expecting basic clean accomodations convenient to the airport and my work nearby on the peninsula. I got all that plus an unexpected level of pleasantness from the dutiful staff. The only way I can explain it is that they greeted me like I was there to stay in their home rather than a hotel by the side of the highway...and that vibe continued with everyone I met working in the hotel during my 4 day stay. The location was very convenient, though not a pedestrian area..no restaurants or anything you'd walk to aside from the restaurant and bar located in the hotel. I did not try the restaurant and opted instead for some good local restaurants in downtown San Mateo a few minutes drive away.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Mexico
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The hotel is general its ok , they have large clean rooms , the only thing I dind´t like was the pillows.
the location is convenient if you have a car,because there are no restaurants or shops nearby, but there is downtown san mateo 5 minutes driving.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4.5 km away
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!