All reviews full kitchen volleyball court foster city mon wed living room san francisco separate buildings long term stay stayed here for nights outdoor pool road noise would stay here again yogurt booked this hotel short drive property target
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We booked this hotel because of location to SFO and it was under $200 unlike the rest of the hotels in the area. However, the first room we were provided was filthy - toilet needed cleaning, bathroom cabinet door was missing, the bed ruffle was missing, the carpet was a mess. The closet door wouldn’t close properly as the metal frame was bent. We were moved to another room and although this bathroom looked cleaner and with a newer renovation done, the rest of the room needed cleaning. Also, when we arrived in our second room, the tv stand was pulled away from the wall as if they were trying to fix the tv or wires - we had to move it just to enter the room. The hallway carpets were filthy, torn, and leaves were scattered. The elevator was large but also needed a new carpet, the walls were scuffed from many/many a suitcase. The furniture looked as if it was from the 1960’s, handles were missing, drawers would not open properly. The staff were nice and quickly provided us with our second room and at least apologized for not having cleaned the first room. Wifi was sketchy at best, the freeway traffic was loud. To top it all, we were charged $17. To park our car in the lot for the night. I would not return to this hotel - ever and I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to any of my friends!

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor rooms we had were awful
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnSanMateo, Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Tiggerala,

Thank you for taking some time to post some honest feedback and for staying with us here in San Mateo.

We strive to deliver a great experience we you walk through our doors, and it's obvious that we fell short with your visit with us. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to prevent anyone from going into a room that is not completely ready for arrival. Please feel free to contact myself directly as I would love to hear more about you recent stay with us.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Chose this hotel due to its close proximity to SFO. Was a little pricey for what you got, but was the best deal for when we traveled. This hotel has several buildings with clusters of rooms that are separate from the lobby area. It was a little difficult navigating at night and then was inconvenient in the rain the next morning to go to the continental breakfast. The room was updated but felt a little odd. Couch and small kitchen area were in the same space as the bed. The bathroom was updated. The A/C unit was a little loud.

The best thing about the hotel was its breakfast. It was probably one of the best continental breakfasts I've had - different food options in addition to the norm, plus several cuisines.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnSanMateo, Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Dear travelerFT,

Thank you for taking some time to post a rating and review of our property here in San Mateo. We do strive to deliver a great experience and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast with us. Our team works hard to put out a great breakfast and we try to add new items to give a little mix to the regular hotel breakfast. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again next time you're in the beautiful San Francisco Bay area.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Have been staying here for 3 weeks.
Internet is really bad, its super slow and does not connect most of the times. Tried complaining to their ISP provider also but no no improvement.

Good room & location with excellent breakfast. Amenities are standard with good service.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
ResidenceInnSanMateo, Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear Ketanjain,

Thank you for taking some time to review our property with some honest feedback. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to correct any internet issue. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast as we do strive to have a variety of items to keep it fresh for our guests here. Please feel free to reach out to myself directly as I would love to hear more about your recent stay with us.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

I stayed 4 nights for business. I am a frequent traveler and had to stick to a budget for work, so I landed at this Residence Inn. I should have known that I was going to have issues when other Residence Inn's in the area were priced much higher. This property is laid out in 20 or so small buildings with 8 units each. That being said, each room has an exterior door and you are right by the highway. I didn't feel unsafe, but in general I just prefer a hotel with interior doors to my room.
My room wasn't filthy, but it definitely wasn't clean. The carpet was really worn and the shower was dingy. My bed was pretty comfortable, but the couch was horrible. The windows are really bad and you could hear everything outside as if the windows were open (I actually had to check when I first got in the room).
The staff was pleasant at check-in, but given the property lay out, that was the only experience I had with them (used the app for checkout).
Within a 10-15 minute walk there is a nice park around a pond and a shopping plaza with a grocery store, restaurants and I'm pretty sure I remember a Starbucks.

Room Tip: Building 16 is close enough to the dumpster that you hear the trash pickup in the early morning.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
ResidenceInnSanMateo, Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Dear Tania,

Thank you for taking some time to review our property here in San Mateo. We greatly value your honest feedback. We are hoping to have a full property renovation within the next year, and we are very excited to see the finished product. I am happy to hear that you had a good experience as we strive to deliver a great experience. Please feel free to reach out to myself directly as I would love to hear more about your recent stay with us.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Terrible odor! People smoking outside, throwing butts, in the common area. Rooms are good with full kitchen positive, beds are comfy!

Stained Carpets, the worst part is the room lingers smells of Indian food the stench is horrible! The hotel needs to shampoo the carpets, clean food Stains, and cabinets,stained walls in kitchen sanitize the kitchens, microwave odor and air freshen rooms. Lots of food storage in wood kitchens,and bathroom cabinets a plus!. If you like freeway noise, and Indian food, you should stay here! Only good thing is they have daily housekeeping, and a place to do laundry,full fridge,parking, pet friendly, and close to downtown San Mateo. Due to the fact of the horrible bad odor in the rooms of Indian food:(, lots of families:(,freeway noise,people congegrating outside in common area very late into night chatting loud. Windows have no screens, so can get only 2 inches for fresh air. Walls are quite thin, so you can hear people talking loid outside the rooms all hours. So do Bring earplugs!

As a long time Marriott rewards member, I am shocked and surprised that Marriott would not upgrade their facility!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
ResidenceInnSanMateo, Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Thank you for taking some time to share some honest feedback of our property here in San Mateo. We strive to deliver a great experience when you visit us and it’s obvious that we have fallen a bit short. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team in order to develop new ways of removing unwanted smells from lingering in the room. We are also expecting a full renovation of our property within the next year and we are very excited to see the final product. Please feel free to reach out to myself directly as I would love to hear about your recent visit with us.