“Very good BBQ”

Roadside BBQ
Ranked #77 of 239 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 16 April 2016

We went by for a early supper, we had the 2 meat platter with 2 sides. we had chicken and pulled port with mac and cheese and garlic fries. Everything was great,

You place your order then grab a seat, they will bring it to you.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Great classic bbq cuts with excellent sides, all put together in different sized meals for a good value. Make sure you try the different sauces, as each one fits the vast array of tasty dishes very well. Try to save room for pie!

Reviewed 24 March 2016

The establishment has gotten progressively worse over time. It so bad now, I'm done!

Ordered the brisket plater with greens and baked beens. The brisket was horrible! No black crust, no pink ring. I was just like a roast prepared in the oven. Who are these folks fooling? It certainly didn't spend 13 hours in the smoker, as the establishment claims. It may have passed by a smoker on the way to the Crock Pot.

The greens were an equally shameful substitute for the real thing... boiled kale passed off as "greens." In the world of BBQ, "greens" means collards or mustered greens; not kale!

Beens were just okay but certainly nothing special.

Your money is better spent elsewhere!

1  Thank Balad
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Priced right and I have to say I did not expect good BBQ either in California (sorry west coast friends) or in this mall environment. Had a combo of ribs and pulled pork...both very good.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

Being from the south, I have a little more experience with good BBQ than most Californians. I rate this spot a B+. Meat is cooked good, not to well done, not overly seasoned either. Nothing kills a good BBQ faster than trying to "over do" it. Sauce was decent, but a little sweet for my taste, sides were good too!
Best Q I've had without cooking it myself since moving west...