Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Hearst Castle
from US$139.00
from US$169.00
from US$456.00
6,268 results
All reviews grand rooms tour visitor center neptune pool indoor pool the cottages upstairs tour tour guide the kitchen mr hearst casa grande the main house night tour multiple tours minute movie tennis courts basic tour dining room
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I hadn't been to Hearst Castle in years and my girls had never been. My oldest needed to visit a California landmark for a college class and we were going to be in the area so we made an afternoon of it. I had suggested visiting several years ago when the girls were younger but they never seemed interested. Now at 19 and 16 it was the perfect age for them to go. They both loved it and want to go back to tour other parts of this beautiful castle in the hills. We took the Grand Tour which show cased so much art and the grandeur of the castle. The grounds are lovely and the view is to die for. They were of course working on the Neptune pool which our guide told us was supposed to be finished in 4 months. We look forward to a return visit when the pool is finished. I'm really glad we waited to go when the girls were old enough to enjoy and appreciate the tour. The movie is a must, all though we had to leave halfway through because we had to head to the bus for the drive up the hill. I hope to view the entire movie next time before the tour. We did not have reservations which was not a problem for us we just had to wait a little bit. We chose not to make reservations because there is an $8.00 charge per ticket to reserve which I thought was crazy. It is a must see at least once in your life.

1  Thank Shell1965
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I think it best to understand a bit of the history before you take a tour. If you don't have time to do some reading ahead of time I'd suggest you see the movie before your tour. The amount of art and architectural pieces brought over from Europe is amazing. This was a never ending work of love, of art and nature.
In March 2018 Hwy. 1 coming south from the Monterey area is closed by a landslide. The day we went was overcast and there were few visitors. We'd taken the main tours in years past. This time we took the guest houses,kitchen and wine cellar tour. We were able to get tickets at site and our group was very small. I think planning ahead is the best for the time of year for your visit. Check the web site for closures and weather conditions. Getting there early to view the movie, take a tour, break for lunch and then an afternoon tour is very doable with planning.

Enjoy a step back into time.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

My 17 year old son loves history and the Hearst Castle is full of it.
We were staying in Morro Bay California with my son, my 82 year old dad and my wife's 80 year old mom. One of the days we spent at the Hearst Castle, we took the grounds and grand room tour, there were some stairs but mom and dad handled the tour with out any problems. I thought my son would be bored to death but later he said it was his favorite part of the trip to the central coast of California. The grand rooms and the art work was great but the grounds and the view was well worth the trip.
I would recommend taking one of the tours if you have the time.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

My fiance and i visited Hearst Castle on our New Years trip. I have been many times but, it was a first for my boyfriend! It was perfect weather... we did the basic tour (the tour they recommend for 1st timers) and my boyfriend enjoyed it so much... we rode the bus back down and bought tickets for a 2nd tour!! We had lunch in the courtyard, watched the movie and went on our 2nd tour! It was so interesting and the tourguides do an amazing job and are very friendly and informative! We have already discussed going back to complete the rest of the tours!!! I recommend this 100%... it might be tough for little ones as you need to stay in designated areas while in the houses and no touching! I have taken my young teens and they loved it! Always a great day at Hearst Castle!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We have always wanted to see Hearst Castle and we finally did a couple of weeks ago! We found their website to be really helpful and we took the tour that they suggested for first timers! Our guide was Andrew Haney and he did a fantastic job!! Because of Andrew we will come back and take another tour!!