All reviews continental breakfast shower head desk clerk minute drive the san diego area cereal
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Booked 8 rooms Aug 8th departing Aug 12 here 5 of which for some reason my reservations do not appear on my account kept wondering why I had not received my points and someone on that end canceled those reservations when my bank acct shows otherwise.I am at this moment faxing over bank statements of charges made to my debit card to Wyndham,hopefully it was an honest mistake if not something shady definitely going on on your end..

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham San Ysidro, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Lupita E,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for this and would love for you to contact me so we can figure this issue out together. Our entire staff works extremely hard to make sure all of our guests have an excellent stay, but it seems that we've not been able to satisfy you. I hope you'll change your mind about seeking other accommodations in the area and that you'll give us the opportunity to impress you with our continuous improvements.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

I stayed at this Wyndham property for one night while I was in the San Diego area. You can actually see Tijuana from your windows. Basically this is a place for people to stay that want to visit Tijuana. It is very basic, and is located in a section of San Ysidro that probably isn't real safe to walk around after dark. Of course, why would you? You are far enough away from the international border, that you really cant walk there, and there is really nothing nearby (except a school and trailer court!).
As for the motel itself: my room did have good internet service and good selection of television stations. The room could have been cleaner. The complimentary breakfast was very basic: juice, coffee, and packaged pastries.

If you want a place to stay close to the border on the American side: this will probably meet your needs.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the trailer court!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Greg B,

Thank you so much for staying at the Travelodge by Wyndham San Ysidro Hotel. We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

I've stayed here before with no problem but this time I stayed in the building that was being renovated. Windows were covered up with paper in some rooms. My room had no wifi connection, no working phone (which they were fully cognizant of before I checked in). stained sheets including blood stains, and one morning, no hot water.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

kencV657IY,

Thank you for rating your recent experience at our hotel. We take all reports of lacking service and your suggestions for improvement, particularly those that you have raised. We greatly appreciate your time in bringing a number of important matters to light and we hope that you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Booked on Priceline. The pictures do not match the location. I called and tried to cancel due to this place looking like a dump. Priceline refused. So we stayed. Three nights, we returned to our room to find the bed sheets stripped off and towels gone but not remade. Had to go to the office and have the maid come fix the room. On day 4 of 6 the Directv quit receiving signal. Told staff, never got it fixed or an answer. Microwave in room didn’t work. But the beat part was on day 5 we enter our room to find a bottle of wine we had purchased had been opened. I went to the manager to complain and he told me I must have opened it and do not remember. Or it must have gotten too cold and the cork popped out, cause his people wouldn’t do that. I don’t ever write reviews on these pages. But I feel like this place is a sad property to have the Wyndham name on it. As a former Worldmark by Wyndham owner, I know the standard they strive for. This is nothing less that a cheap “no tell motel” kind of establishment.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

carristoothman,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I'm sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. We hold our staff to a high standard of hospitality and we strive to give you the best service at the best value. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

This hotel is DISGUSTING! Right next to a trailer park. (which is probably BETTER than the hotel) Our locks didn’t work on the door, toilet hardly flushed, light was out, carpet was disgusting, had to bend to fit under the shower and I’m short, they took all the deposit when we left the room better than we found it. The owner is so rude and doesn’t care about any problems you have.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jaelyncrone,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I'm sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. We wish you would have informed the front desk staff regarding the toilet, door not closing, so we can transfer you in a room that suits your comfort. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.