“Industrial Chic; Great Steak!”
Review of Public Steak

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Public Steak
Ranked #258 of 729 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$6 - US$90
Description: Modern American Steakhouse Bistro. Top notch ingredients, engaging style service, cozy intimate environment. We take care of people and help create lasting memories!
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

I heard a "New Steak restaurant had opened in Santa Ana between Morton's in Santa Ana on Sunflower and The Arc in Costa Mesa on Hyland.I'd no sooner mentioned it to my Fiday date and she'd made reservations! She'd once taken me to Maestro's for my birthday ad we had NY Steak then, excellent, with whipped potatoes and lobster!

From the welcome arrival (and we thought we were late!) to being seated menus offered, and introductions made, we found the industrial chic atmosphere comfortably but not overwhelmingly spacious, made more intimate by illuminations held by designer fixtures and smartly-placed glowing panels. The large bar area in the distance was suprisingly inviting. But we were hungry!

I knew immediately I wanted New York, medium rare, but my eyes wandered through a menu with tempting suggestions.of fois gras brûlée and bone marrow, a culinary soft spot! We had it all! We started with recommended highly-filtered Vodka martinis, a terrific Pinot Noir, crisply tasty beet salad, beautifully neutral flavored bone marrow and braised cauliflower that led to the best New York Steak I've had since Christmas last year in Manhattan!

We commented happily to each other all the way home!

Highly recommended!