“Very good Cuban fare”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2016

My wife and I ate lunch yesterday for the first time at Bella Cuba. They offer a wide variety of Cuban dishes on their menu to try. They also have a special lunch menu in addition to their regular menu. Most items are served with white rice, black beans, and maduro plantains, plus garlic toast.

I had the Lechon Asado roast pork which was marinated in a mojo sauce (garlic, olive oil, and sour orange juice) and was covered by raw onions for $13.95, but it was also available on the special lunch menu for $9.95. The portions are huge. I would have preferred the mojo sauce to be more garlicy and less about the sour citrus taste. Next time I will try their Pollo Asado roasted chicken with garlic. You get a half chicken on the regular menu and a quarter chicken on the special lunch menu for $12.95 and $9.95, respectively.

My wife had Bistec de Pollo from the special lunch menu for $9.95 instead of $12.95 on the regular menu. It is a boneless, skinless, grilled chicken breast with garlic and covered with grilled onions. Her portions were so huge that we thought, at first, that they had mistakenly brought out the regular menu item rather than the lunch special. The service was first-rate. The iced tea was fresh brewed and very good,

We first tried Cuban food about 30 years ago at the Felix Continental Café in Orange and have ben going back ever since. We have also periodically ate at the Flamingo Palms Café in Rancho Cucamonga, the Coconut Palms in Pomona, and, the now closed, Mumbai Café in Temple City(?). The one thing that I have noticed is that they are all slightly different in the way they prepare their Cuban fare which makes for interesting dining.

Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

Just started this tripadvisor thing and had to be sure to include this wonderful place. Great food and always great service.

1  Thank Mel P
Reviewed March 21, 2016

I come here for the same thing every time. Ox tail meal. It's has the perfect seasoning, cooked to perfection. I hope to come back to try out other entrees.

1  Thank DeeH0
Reviewed January 22, 2016 via mobile

I like the idea a a Cuban restaurant in Orange County. The food is delicious, the service is what you'd expect from this type of establishment. My last visit was a date night and almost everything was flawless. Everything on the menu is well prepared with authentic flavors. The only negative is the size of the dinning room and how cramped the quarters are. If the dinning area were more spacious, I would give it a higher rating.

1  Thank Jose A
Reviewed December 15, 2015

Their food is very delicious. I particularly like their stake and chicken dishes which savory sauces. Their "palomilla" stake is one of my favorites.