“Continues to be the best high end Indian restaurant in OC”
Review of Royal Khyber

Royal Khyber
Reserve with OpenTable
Royal Khyber is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 731 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S Bear St.
Reviewed October 29, 2017

We have been going to this place for 10+ years... and it has not only survived all the competition, changes, trends and fads, it actually continues to hold itself to the same high quality and standards years after years. Glad that they do not serve all you can eat bargain buffet lunch with mediocre food tainted with food coloring and recycled ingredients from previous day like most Indian restaurants do to keep prices down !!! ... Sunday brunch is the only buffet-style setup and it works very well. The same staff seems to be there for years (always a good sign ). They make effort to use only organic, high quality and fresh ingredients.. This is not your bargain eatery but it is as close to high-end authentic Indian food one can get in Orange County after Tamarind in Newport shut its doors over an year ago... We will continue to patronize as well as send our friends there.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

A nice Indian place, not too packed, even on a Saturday night, which is both rare and great ! The service is good, the food is great ! I recommend butter chicken, which is excellent !

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

As name suggest, it is Royal by all meaning. From Ambience to hospitality, everything top notch. and Food, always fresh and super tasty. My favourite is Rabdi Gulab Jamun.

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I have been a fan and Customer of Royal Khyber since it was called "Gandhi" long ago! Indian has been my favorite food of all cuisines! I'm not an authority, really,but I seem to like everything Indian, their food, their tea,their dance, their films, their sense of color, the people, their way, their architecture, their style! I could argue the Taj Mahal is the greatest human construction of all! More so than even the pyramids of Egypt or the Acropolis, or the Great Wall! Why? Because I have never experienced anything so powerfully serene and peacefully exquisite! It's remarkably transformative! Physical perfection!

Im going to be brief on this restaurant review! For me, Royal Khyber is simply the best Indian I know this side of London! The warm eggplant salad is one of the great appetizers I've ever known! The atmosphere and service is New Delhi colonial classic comfort and style! And that says a lot!

One thing I need to say! And this is important! My date prefers Belvedere martinis with a twist! She insists that Royal Khyber makes and shakes the best martinis anywhere we know! I have a mind of my own, and I agree! Shouldn't everyone know?

And the chicken tikka masala is just right, and the assorted and seafood tandoori!)

OK! I went overboard! Was it the food or the martini that made me do it?

Who knows? Enlightenment doesn't care how it gets there!"

1  Thank turboflite
Reviewed June 14, 2017

We usually go for a meal shortly after opening hours because we like a slower pace. Every meal we've had has been delicious with wonderful sauces. My husband especially likes the Methi Chicken Punjabi. And, this is one of the few Indian restaurants which has goat on the menu. The portions seem to be smaller than many Indian restaurants but that's because the food is so rich! Also, they don't charge extra for rice or nan although they have a diverse bread menu. They also serve a small green serving of salad with the rice. The service is always attentive. The staff is very nice. The atmosphere is fine dining. It's well worth a visit if you love Indian food.

1  Thank CrazyforTravel55