“Prime Rib Wednesdays”

Black Angus Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 734 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: One block south of 17th Street
Description: Now Serving Lunch! Great for steak and so much more… Black Angus Steakhouse has built its reputation on providing a Genuine American Steakhouse experience to remember. Our Chefs are proud to serve only Black Angus steaks that are carefully aged, fresh-cut daily, and grilled over an open flame. Our other specialties include a variety of succulent seafood, fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs and our famous slow-roasted Prime Rib. Whatever you're craving, we pride ourselves at Black Angus Steakhouse for superior quality, friendly service, and great food. It's more than a tradition - it's our passion every day. Black Angus offers a full array of menu items that are naturally gluten free. Ask for their Gluten Free Trail Map.
Reviewed October 16, 2016

Can't beat this place for Prime Rib and free Mud Pie on Wednesdays. The constantly have coupons that make their dinners more reasonable, but their prices have risen and they are pretty pricey if you don't have coupons. Can get them in mail or off their internet site! Eat here regularily!

Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

We had lunch here at black Angus in Santa Ana today. The meal was good but the service not the best. I had to ask 4 times for some water and only got it after my entree got to me. Also they put the wrong salad dressing on my cob salad. I asked for blue cheese and got Italian. Then the check came and it said I had 6 beers not just the one I ordered. That took 20 minutes to get corrected.
But the food was good.

Reviewed October 3, 2016

We've eaten here lots of times and my previous review touted their consistency. Unfortunately, this time they failed miserably. We showed up for lunch at 1:30 PM on a Saturday. The parking lot was empty and the restaurant also seemed empty. However, we were told by a very unfriendly hostess that it would be a 15 minute wait. We actually laughed because we thought she was joking. She wasn't. We decided to sit at the bar. Second mistake. No bartender was present. Finally someone walked by and said they would be right with us. 10 minutes later we got up and walked out. We saw at least two other couples walk in, stand at the unattended host stand and walk out. Maybe 1:30 PM isn't a popular time, but if you can't accommodate customers, close your restaurant and open for dinner. We went down the street to the Claim Jumper and I called Black Angus to inform a manager. Of course no one answered and I left a message with my phone number. No return phone call. As I often say in my reviews, there are far too many options in restaurants to give them another shot to disappoint.

Jacquie W, Guest Relations Manager at Black Angus Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2016

Hello,

Thanks so much for contacting Black Angus about your recent experience.

So that we can address your concerns, can you please contact me at guestrelations@blackangus.com and provide a copy of your Trip Advisor review, the date you visited and a phone number where I can reach you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jacquie W
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Visited with two business companions.

They begin by providing an oatmeal bread loaf. Very tasty. I had a wonderful filet mignon. I enjoyed the variety of flavored butters available to top my steak... I chose the bacon blue cheese butter. Scrumptious! My friend ordered a burger that was ordered as medium-rare, but came medium-well. Minor disappointment, but we would visit again.

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was big with plenty of seating and our wait was only ten minutes. There is a bar and a seating area with tvs or a more quiet side with booths and tables. The menu is varied with something for everyone. Steaks were perfectly cooked and there were many sides to choose from. The drink menu has been expanded and the dessert menu looked great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I found the prices to be more expensive comparison to Outback. I recommend it for a date night or special occasion.