“Extremely clean, excellent value”

Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I've been doing some work in the area, and have been trying various hotels. So far, this hotel has my vote as the best in the more economy-class range.

The hotel presents as larger than a typical Best Western. It is three stories high and has a courtyard around the pool, along with a couple of wings with catwalks connecting them. The hotel is exceptionally clean and well-maintained. The front desk staff were smiling and attentive. The room was very clean and up to date, and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave. The free wireless internet signal was strong and worked well, with much less slowdown during prime hours than in other area hotels.

The free breakfast in the morning was better than average, with staff waiting to cook something for you.

All in all, I really liked this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you next time you have business in Santa Ana, CA. I will pass along your compliments to our staff and we will continue to provide superior customer care to all of our guests.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Most of this trip was the traveling. I found the hotel to be very clean, and the staff very helpful, courteous, and the pick up service from the airport was much appreciated. Complimentary breakfast was great with a choice of cold or hot. A small coffee maker, and microwave in the room was a great plus for us, since we didn't have transportation, and the lobby shop had a variety of foods to take back to the room. We were there on a legal matter, which my presence was required at an attorney's office, so this was a no frills trip, but the hotel arranged our very early (4:30 am) cab ride back to the airport. Exhausting trip but comfortable beds in a clean, nicely decorated hotel made it bearable. Thanks Best Western, I will come back when I can stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Reviewed 6 January 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 7 days during the holiday season while visiting my son and his family in Orange county. CA. The service was very good. Very clean rooms. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. Great value!

Room Tip: If only two people, I would get the king bed room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and also wish you happy holidays and all the best for the new year! Please be sure to stay with us the next time you are back in Santa Ana!

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Price was great for this clean stay. Cooked to order breakfast. Other pricier hotels across the street. Best western wAs quiet and would stay again

• Stayed: November 2011
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am very happy you had such a wonderful time with us. I will inform our staff of your praise and we will continue to provide superior customer care for all our guests. We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

Came here for a quick weekend to attend a sporting event. Hotel was adequate enough for the two nights. We didn't use any of the fitness equipment, nor the pool so I can't judge on what for most people might be utilized. The breakfast was cooked fresh, so that was a nice touch. The rooms had outside entrances so that might be a deterrent for some, but for me that is not a big deal. The TV was horrible however, so they need to upgrade that area for sure - the TV was one I had in my basement 15 yrs ago so it should be time. The proximity to John Wayne airport was a selling point, so all in all I got what I wanted from the place. The price was no deal, but I guess Orange county hotels near the airport can overcharge without worry.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from freeway side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do plan to upgrade to flat panel lcd hdtv very soon, so please make sure to contact us next time when you plan your next stay here in Santa Ana, California.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Room was very nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The Wi-Fi was slow and frustrating to use and the "fitness facilities" were terrible. The fitness room is a converted suite with a old and broken multi-weight machine with an old exercise bike and stairmaster. The entire setup is frustrating and is not worthy of being called a fitness facility.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
BestwesternSantaAna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. We will use your feedback to help improve our service and amenities. We are planning to renovate and update our property very soon and hope you give us another chance in the future to visit us again. I hope that next time you stay with us all your expectations will be met.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

We arrived at Orange County Airport on a Friday night at 10:30pm and called the hotel for shuttle pickup. We were told the driver was at the Airport waiting. We went to the pick up location and after waiting for a van for 15 minutes we called back and were told the driver had gone home for the night so we had to get a cab. The cleanliness of the room was average. We were on the 2nd floor and was awakened early in the am from the people staying in the room right above us as they were walking backing & forth. The hook on the back of the bathroom door to hang belongings was lying on the chair next to the desk. The was a very poor choice and we were thankful we only booked the room for one night. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
BestwesternSantaAna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011