Went on vacation with my wife and stayed at this OLD hotel because of proximity to a friend's place. During our first stay, the room was generally fine however finding a live cockroach in the bathroom gave my phobic wife a big scare. The receptionist at the time said it was the first time they had any pests and promised to spray the room for insects.
We went away for a couple of nights to another city and returned for our second spell at the same hotel arriving at midnight. There was no one to help with the bags and I had to get a trolley and load it with all the bags myself. As soon as we opened the room door, we were greeted by a dead mouse in the middle of the room. Upon informing the receptionist, the lady said it was the first time they had such an incident and said she will try to find another room non-chalantly as if this was a "normal" thing to face. There was only one available room, that required a 10 minutes walk from the lobby, which again I had to push my luggage to. Even though it was supposed to be non-smoking, the room smell was "smoky, stale, and stenchy". My wife called the reception to have housekeeping check the room for pests and cleanliness but the lady just mentioned that they don't do that and hung up the phone on her. The bathtub had pubic hair so ultimately I told my wife that we should look for another hotel.
After pushing the luggage back to the lobby, I told the lady to call the manager but she simply said: "I don't want to disturb her." I told her that the manager needs to come to the hotel immediately to resolve this problem of no proper room availability where my Ambassador status with IC hotels seemed completely irrelevant to the hotel staff. I informed her to cancel the booking and was able to book at candlewood suite hotel nearby for 3 nights but not for the night as it had already passed midnight. Finally, a caring person called Khaled showed up, said that he was very sorry to what happened to us and that the manager offered 1 night on the hotel expense at another hotel. The hotel was trying to find below-par hotels in the neighborhood but they were all full. I told him that there was no other than the hilton at 150$ a night and the manager agreed to pay for only 1 night! In such a situation, I would have expected the hotel cover my entire 4-night stay but were too cheap to do so.
In the end, it was my worst stay ever at a hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. Khaled turned out to be the only decent staff who cared enough to help us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport Santa Ana! Minutes away from Orange County s John Wayne Airport, local businesses, world class shopping and a variety of dining choices. Centrally located with the beach to our south and Disneyland 12 miles north. Easy access to the 55, 405 and 5 freeways. Or leave the driving to us! Free scheduled shuttle service within 3 miles and once daily to Disneyland! Call us when you get into John Wayne Airport and we will happily pick you up.Whether you are coming to Orange County for business or just to have fun your room at the Holiday Inn OCA is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as complimentary Wireless Internet, ample work space, fridge, microwave and all new pillow top mattresses and linens mean every night is a great night and every day starts right.Work out in our cardio-fitness center or soak up some California sun at our outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. Then relax with a cool one at our Panini Lounge. And when it s time to dine you can enjoy our Panini Restaurant serving Italian specialties along with steaks and seafood. For your convenience we also offer in room dining for breakfast and dinner daily. Add our event space and outstanding service and you will see that the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport is the place to be. Your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport Hotel Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport CA