“Yummy”
Review of The Nook

The Nook
Ranked #379 of 580 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: Globally inspired street food. Seasonal & locally sourced. Lunch & Dinner 7 days a week @ The Waterline. 116 Santa Barbara street in the Funk Zone.
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Located inside Lama Dog taproom but operates separately. I would consider it upscale pub fare. I had a quesadilla that was well presented and tasted fantastic.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Went with husband Memorial day eve, packed with young people and a few of us older types. You order at a window, given a buzzer, then find a seat either there in the
brewery they are located in, outside on the patio or next door in another brew pub.
Food can be taken to all.
As opposed to a critic who wrote just a day ago, my husband thought the pork belly
quesadilla was outstanding. Aioli sauce, mexican flavored crema, salsa, crisp corn tasting quesadilla itself were excellent. My Nook burger was great, done just as I requested and the fries were crisp and delicious. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

We came here last night to meet a group of pals. I guess the beer is good, although I'm not a huge beer guy, but the food from the Lama Dog is just awful. My wife ordered the salmon salad, and woke up sick later that night. I shared the pork belly quesadilla with some friends, then ordered the Topa Topa burger. My friends took one bite of the quesadilla and pushed it away, as did I. Who puts mayonnaise sauce on a quesadilla? Yuck. Then the burger....MacDonalds does better burgers. Literally flavorless. It's impossible to cook this badly. Lots of good food choices in the Funk Zone, but this isn't one of them. Oh, and the service...I asked the bar tender a question about a beer, then he went off to get it and ignored the two women with me. The young lady taking orders for food looked like she wished she was anywhere other than there. To describe the service as indifferent is being kind.

1  Thank LeoDavoe
SBChef11, Manager at The Nook, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2017

we are sorry you had a bad experience with the bar, as we are separate businesses we do not train or manage their staff.
In terms of the food, we are sorry you did not have an enjoyable experience, the menu stated which sauces come on the porkbelly quesadilla, so if you did not like a mayo based sauce you could have taken it off and made it to your liking.
Our burgers have been reviewed as the best in SB, and we take pride in everything we do, all of our meat is ground and seasoned in house, we use high quality meat. Hopefully you find a restaurant that better suits your palate.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Went to The Nook for the first time this weekend and was pleasantly pleased with the food and overall experience. They can accommodate large groups of people. Nice place to hang out (we ate on the Llama Dog side) and have a drink, catch a game or catch up with friends.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

Amazing beers! A wide selection of beers and a food menu made with tacos and hamburgers... Not a proper restaurant but a nice place where you can drink, try and enjoy beers