“Beautiful B and B”
Review of Simpson House Inn

Simpson House Inn
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Everyone was really nice. I was at peace when I saw the Garden with fountains everywhere. The best thing about the hotel was their breakfast which you could request to be deliver right at your door steps. The lemon pancake was to die for. We stayed in the Greenwich Cottage, it had a Jacuzzi and a fireplace. The only complaint I have was the pillows, it was too soft but I guess that's just me. I did though found some left over hair on the floor (not a big deal). Everything else was clean and in top shape.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 January 2012

This is one of the best B&B's anywhere. I was there in October for my birthday for two days after spending one night there in January. You drive in to this pretty little driveway & people are standing there to greet you. They ask your name & tell you a little about in Inn, then one will show you to your room ar cottage. I had a cottage that looked like it should have been in a Hansel & Gretal storybook! A beautiful bed, a jaccuzzi bathtub, a huge rock fireplace. They have cut wood outside your door for you & if you request it, they will have a fire going for you when you come back from downtown. The bed is so comfortable! There is a smal bathroom with a shower.
The first day I was there I went downtown & got back about 8:00. They asked me if I was going to join them for the sweet buffet. I thought I would just like to curl up with some popcorn & a fire. You guessed it. They went in & popped me some corn & brought it out to me. They serve a veg. breakfast that you can have delivered to your room & you can join everyone in the dining room. I had it in my room both days. Opened the shutters, let the sun in & enjoy!
The Simpson House is close to downtown Santa Barbara. I drove downtown & went on a catamaran ride, had dinner, went shopping & ate frozen yogurt!
You can sit outside & enjoy th efresh air or take a video from their massave DVD library. All in all, I can't think of much that you can't get here. Definately a thumbs up for this girl!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Greenwich Room the first time, which is a beautul cottage. The next time I was in Ab...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed in this wonderful place while on a solo road trip from San Francisco to LA. The place is absolutely great: 1. It has a lot of character and simultaneously you are minutes away from the city main street 2. The garden is outstanding and food service is simply great

And most of all staff is Incredibly helpful in any possible way. I was guided where to dine, jog etc. All these creates a unique atmosphere. The feeling is really amazing.

If you want unforgettable experience, choose these place. I would be definitely back.

Room Tip: I was in Sun room that has a great deck, I could spend a whole day there:)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My wife and I spent 3 lovely days here this week...our 3rd visit to Simpson House. It remains one of very best b&b/inns we've stayed at...in the world. No doubt, it is expensive, so it's not a place middle class folks can afford too often, but for a special occasion Simpson House is special. Stayed in the Weathervane this time, and we can recommend it.

Room Tip: 3 kinds of rooms -- in the main building, in the barn, in cottages. Stay in barn or cottages for th...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2011

It has been a while since we stayed there but thought I should review it based on the period 2003 to 2007 when we stayed there quite often for special occasions
Hidden down a private driveway the place does not at first glance seem so special but once you are greeted by the professional staff you realize this is quite a well organised and hospitable BnB.
The rooms are very comfortable and varied depending on whether you choose the cottages or house. For privacy go for the cottages though they are more expensive.
The appetizer hour in the early evening is so decadent and tasty. A great way to spend the sunset hour.
Breakfast is fantastic and different each day. Yummy !!!!
Recommended highly though very expensive.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at this wonderful retreat. In spite of some inclement weather which prevented us from lounging in the beautiful gardens, our stay was wonderful. The staff was helpful in every possible way. Our room was perfect in its attractiveness and comfort. We appreciated the fact that we were just 1 1/2 blocks from the main street and therefore close to many excellent restaurants. We would certainly stay in this lovely Inn upon our return to Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We booked one night here to start of our Californian Route 1 trip and we are so glad that we did. The place is amazing. Really olde worlde charms with all of the modern conveniences. We ummed and ahhed for ages about where to stay in Santa Barbara and are so glad that we found the Simpson House Inn. What is even nicer than the lovely rooms, the amazing cheese and wine on arrival, the delicious breakfasts and the exceptional gardens the place has, is the wonderful staff. These guys were so welcoming addressing you by name and going out of their way to offer advice about what do to. We were so amazed at how nice the place is that we ended up buying a couple of mugs to take with us to remember our visit. Outstanding. Would definitely love to stay here again if we return to Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple