Lowest prices for your stay
US$275
Free cancellation until 23-02-16
Hotels.com
US$339
Free cancellation until 23-02-16
Reserve now, pay at stay
Official Site
US$239
Expedia.comUS$339
PricelineUS$275
Vio.comUS$275
2,860 results
All reviews san clemente state street rose petals whirlpool tub breakfast room quiet neighborhood two blocks within walking distance breakfast was delicious each morning short walk to the beach cookies spanish style romantic getaway amtrak station granola comfortable bed
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2021

I went in january and never got my security deposit back, the staff was nice but for the price I expected much more. I bought the premium package for chocolate strawberries and champagne, the strawberries were melted by the time we got there (10 minutes after check in). I was told a security deposit of $100 would be placed on my card and it was never refunded, I tried calling only to be placed on hold and never helped.

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paul Bullock, Owner at The Eagle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2022

sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered. The security deposit is supposed to be released by your bank within a few days of departure. It is not something that we can control. And I'm sorry that the chocolate was melted. We could have kept them in the fridge, but then they wouldn't have been in the room at check-in as requested.

Reviewed April 28, 2021

Stayed at the hotel earlier this month it was ok for one night
we stayed in one of the Casita rooms which sounded better than the main hotel
room was ok ,TV was older outdated , bathroom was remodeled but toilet seat was plastic , the breakfast offered the next morning was delivered cold -pancakes , eggs,
no spoons for cereal would rather not have breakfast and a better room rate ,
small parking lot which was a concern if coming back from dinner and no where to park ..
For almost $400 a night will stay at different hotel next time visiting Santa Barbara

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank SGLA2017
Paul Bullock, Owner at The Eagle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2021

I'm glad you had the opportunity to stay with us at The Eagle inn and thank you for writing your review. I actually have never seen a review before that complains about the material that the toilet seat is made from. I mean they do make toilet seats out of wood or metal and I suppose we could have gotten a gold plated one, but plastic seems to be the industry standard around here. - for cleanliness and comfort and sturdiness you just can't beat plastic. Thanks for giving me a little chuckle.

Reviewed April 18, 2021 via mobile

Paid through booking site, we were given the room #108 closest literally next door to front desk. Noisy throughout the night. You can hear conversations the receptionist was having. We asked for a different room but they were already booked. Check in was 3 and we showed up at 4, they said all other rooms already reserved. Kid at the front had an unwelcoming attitude.

Breakfast was included with the room, they asked us by phone “do you REALLY want all this food” I said there must have been a mistake, just give us 2 of the spinach egg. Breakfast was supposed to be 9a, showed up at 939 and they forgot the 2nd plate. We never did get breakfast the 2nd night nor did anyone offer or remind us of breakfast. We chose to go elsewhere.

I noticed a charge through my Amex for $27 for a bottle of wine which we did not ask for. They removed the charge, but my gut tells me they tried to slip in a charge for no reason. I came back to the reception and they reversed the charge.

Next morning I received a text asking about my room and I responded “not happy” they did offer to give me a different room which is why I took my review from a 1 to a 3. For nearly $400 a night, I’d rather go to another hotel or bed and breakfast.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I'm glad we were able to move you into a different room that made you happier. My suggestion is that when you're booking at an independent hotel - don't use the online travel agencies. Call the hotel directly.

Reviewed March 24, 2021

We enjoyed a two-night spring stay at this excellent Bed and Breakfast. It is called the Eagle Inn for the large eagle motif carved into the front of the main building. Like many other B&Bs, the various rooms are unique so your own experience may differ, depending on the style of room you get.

We stayed in the "Queen + Balcony" room which has the largest balcony in the property, located above the main entrance to the office. Some of the other rooms have balconies, a couple facing the front, but most face the quiet residential side street. All of the other balconies appear to have room only for two chairs. Our balcony is large enough to feature a table with umbrella, two chairs, and two sun bed loungers. It is oriented toward the ocean but is not high enough to actually view the water. Instead, the view is of the quiet residential area, palm trees and the glorious Santa Barbara sun. Very special.

The room is large, with a four-poster queen bed, a gas-lit fireplace, a table, two small club chairs, a dresser, a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe, and closet with robes. The bathroom is smallish, except for a large shower. The shower, however, was odd. As you can see from the photo, there are two shower heads that are set high up on opposite sides of the shower. Instead of one high and one low shower head, these heads make it so you can't easily get out of the water. I thought this was the only misstep in the room. Otherwise, the styling and colors of the furniture, fabrics, wall art, etc. were great.

Another quibble: neither nightstand area had easy access to power outlets or USB outlets. I think this is something all hotel rooms should address as it has become increasingly a necessity to power up all of our devices.

Also notable: prior to arrival, i received a text inquiring about my expected arrival time. Then during the stay, i would receive texts checking if I needed anything, had any questions, etc. I rather liked this approach, especially during the pandemic, as a way to keep in touch without having to interact face to face. I did request more coffee for the room via text and i was promptly delivered to a table right outside my room. Nice.

During covid, Eagle Inn delivers a hot breakfast to your room. Each day, the breakfast is different. The first morning, we had delicious scrambled eggs, with spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese; the second morning, we had huevos rancheros. Both breakfasts were delicious, including potatoes, fruit, bread, and juice. You can make coffee in your room or use the espresso maker downstairs.

The location of the property is perfect for walkers. It is in a nice residential neighborhood but is only a few minutes walk to the beach and harbor areas, and only two minutes more to State Street shopping and dining. Off street parking is free.

Although the prices for some of the rooms in Eagle Inn are going to go for more than ordinary hotel rooms, the quality of the stay is likely to be higher as well. This should be given serious consideration as a hotel alternative, especially if considering a place near the beach and within an easy walk to the activities of the city.

Room tip: Check the website carefully as the various rooms differ greatly
Date of stay: March 2021
3  Thank traveldan21
Paul Bullock, Owner at The Eagle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2021

What a great, detailed review. Thank you for the in depth information. Obviously you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for publishing!

Reviewed February 15, 2021

My partner and I had come to Eagle Inn a few years ago on one of our first trips to SB as a couple, we stayed in one of their romantic suites. Not only did our first booking here go well, management surprised us with a nice romantic setup with rose pedals as well which was a nice surprise. Our stay we peaceful and went so well. This time we stayed here valentines day weekend as an engaged couple. I originally was going to try staying in Solvang to try out something new in a new area, but no hotel in that area would accept a single night booking. They all requested a 3 night minimum. Which seemed a bit crazy considering not a lot of folks can take 3 days off of work during this pandemic. Including my partner who is a doctor, in fact most of our healthcare workers right now cannot take that kind of time off. It was super disappointing and it almost seemed impossible to make our weekend work. I was happy to change our plans to stay in SB instead and called Eagle Inn, who not only allowed us a one night stay but went above and beyond and also surprised us with extra romantic touches in our room! This time we stayed in a smaller Standard king room and it still felt comfortable and accommodating. Nothing beats the customer service of this place. It felt like home and they treated us with respect and kindness and we felt the love with all the extra v-day touches to our room. We will be staying here for many years to come for our trips to SB thanks to their loyalty to their returning customers and for being so flexible for us. Thank you for everything!

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank LCexplorerTX

We aim to please! Thanks for being repeat customers. I'm glad you enjoyed your time and I glad you'll be back