1,049 results
All reviews afternoon cookies great location state street continental breakfast fresh baked cookies bagels within walking distance few blocks bath street reception area hard boiled eggs short walk queen bed hot tub definitely stay here again quiet neighborhood free parking
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Though I haven’t been to Santa Barbara for a stay in awhile I fully recommend

The Franciscan Inn. The rooms are very nice and the staff is always helpful.

Location is perfect to walk to the beach and State Street .

I am actually going to stay there during Thanksgiving . Can’t wait.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I recently hosted 10 out of town friends from college, and booked a group of 5 rooms at the Franciscan for them. They were all very pleased with the rooms and service. As all the other reviews say, the location is perfect. Due to train delays, two of my friends had to arrive at 4AM, and Franciscan security person took care of us. All of the rooms were larger than I expected. We booked the Edgewater suite to house 2 of the people, and also serve as a "hospitality" suite. The living room of the suite was ample for evening gatherings for the 10 guests, plus myself and another person, and the private entrance was nice.. I was a bit worried about the breakfast after reading other reviews, but it was better than expected, with fresh fruit and choices of cereals and breads every day. The front desk was always helpful on frequent stops.

Room tip: Edgewater suite works well as a hospitality suite for groups.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

This little motel was very accommodating! We arrived early as we were traveling from out of town. The staff was very nice and was able to get us into our suite early! Great location to the marina and the beach! Comfortable beds!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2018

Great welcome to Santa Barbara . A very nice inn perfectly placed without the noise of the sea front. Staff were very welcoming, efficient and quick to explain the local area and sites. Santa Barbara well worth visiting.

Room tip: Had room near pool which means it's quiet at night.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Both the Franciscan and Santa Barbara are lovely, it's very conviently located short walk to beach and the main state Street, rooms are well equipped and of decent size, pool area is also nice. There's a guest laundry reasonably priced that was a God send after a three week trip, we were able to come home washing free. Complimentary breakfast ok, continental in style and adequate.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple