Having spent a week in the Four Seasons in Kona, we chose the same brand for a two-night stay in Santa Barbara.
Research on the web suggested that the location was top notch - and it was indeed. At the border of the sea, it offers a fantastic view. The first impression usually is the most important, as we know, and this is probably why they have put the most friendliest and most competent people at the valet parking. Outstanding guys who deserve their tip.
Unfortunately it went from that level to good to bad and to worse.
The reception desk was staffed with two incompetent, arrogant females who just didn't have the sense how to deal with clients. The room was old style, old furniture, old bathrooms - not my style and definitely not reflecting the right price-value relation.
The bar has the aura and the level of liveliness of a cemetery and what was worst, was the breakfast: no buffet, non-inspired waitors and bad food.
Bottom line: too much money for a very mediocre experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in California, with private bungalows and terraces that overlook the Pacific Ocean and Channel Islands. Set amongst 22-acres of lush jungle and tranquil gardens, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara defines luxury living and service on the American Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Four Seasons