“Quaint”

Santa Barbara Maritime Museum
Ranked #20 of 180 things to do in Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located on the water's edge of the Santa Barbara Harbor, the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum contains exciting & educational exhibits set inside of nearly 8,000 square feet of Museum space. The Maritime Museum also offers a wide range of educational programs including docent tours, and Tall Ship tours. Admission also includes a series of films shown daily in our large screen, high-definition Munger Theater. Fun for the whole family!
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Very nice quaint museum. You will see interesting exhibits presented in a very nice setting.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Nice enough for all in the family. Great before or after dinner.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

My hubby & I have lived in the Santa Barbara area for almost 14 years now and we finally made our first visit to the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum. What a treasure it is! The Santa Barbara Maritime Museum is a lot larger than I originally thought it would be inside. I love the two story layout and design of this museum. It is very well done!

I enjoyed learning about the Channel Island Ranching.... I never knew sheep ranching began on Santa Cruz island in the 1800s! I enjoyed the periscope on the second floor, the Barry & Jean Schuyler Environmental Exhibit, the surfing exhibit and the Munger Theatre. My hubby enjoyed the entire museum (as I did too) and the virtual deep sea fishing interactive booth/exhibit.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I recently got married in Santa Barbara and had our reception at the maritime museum. What an awesome experience we had, everyone loved it! It is such a cool place to hold an event and you are right there on the harbor as well which makes for some awesome pictures and great views. Inside the museum is great and the only decorating that we did was centerpieces on the tables which they provided. We used Chuck's Waterfront Grill to cater which is right next door and that worked out great and saved us some money. The staff set up our slideshow of through the years on their TV right in front of the dance floor. My parents had also made us a video and they played it in a loop in the upstairs theater. The whole experience was amazing and everyone that attended has been raving about it!

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Nice change of pace from the normal tourist places in Santa Barbara. Nice history of the harbor and of the channel islands. Small but lots of displays. Interesting section on the 1969 oil spill.

1  Thank bmcuscgr94