“Beautiful Wedding at Godric Grove, But watch our for thiefs”
Review of Elings Park

Elings Park
Ranked #84 of 186 things to do in Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Owner description: Elings Park is the largest privately funded public park in America. Built on land reclaimed from a city landfill, includes soccer and softball fields, a hill for paragliding, hiking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and venues for weddings and other special events.
Reviewed February 26, 2017

On Saturday, February 25, 2017, we attended a beautiful wedding for my cousin at Godric Grove in Elings Park, Santa Barbara. The day was great until I went back to our car, parked in the parking lot, to change my coat. When I opened up the back of
our van, I found that our suitcase was gone, alone with a duffel bag. Our kids suitcases were still there. There was not any damage to the van and we are sure we locked the van. It made for an interesting evening, running around Santa Barbara for toiletries for the night. If you visit Godric Grove, I recommend you don't leave anything in your car. We made a police report, but don't expect to hear back. We were later told that same evening, that another family attending the wedding had their luggage stolen also.

1  Thank jfsquared2016
"ocean"
in 7 reviews
"bike"

Reviewed February 17, 2017

Elings Park at the west end of Santa Barbara off Los Positas is one of the most scenic spots in Santa Barbara. I would recommend picking up a trail map at the Ranger Office halfway up the large hill. Hike the trails leading from the Ranger Office toward the sea. Make sure that you have your camera handy. Then drive (or walk) to the upper park for tremendous views of the downtown area, the ocean and the mountains to the north. If you can be in the upper park at sunset, you will be in for a special treat. Enjoy!

Reviewed November 14, 2016

Elings Park has something for everyone. It is family friendly, dog friendly, bike friendly and horse friendly. Oh yes and parasailing friendly. Gorgeous views.

Reviewed September 8, 2016

This is a beautiful park. The best part is at the very top where the best views are. It is a little hard to find, you have to go up (take a left) up the small almost hidden paved road right in front or by the ranger (or park) station. It is great to walk around there, take pictures and there is a small amphitheater that I think was donated by Wells Fargo. I think this area and Franceschi Park have the best views in Santa Barbara.

1  Thank Dave N
See more reviews
Reviewed May 11, 2016

This park is privately funded and immaculately maintained. The park has hiking trails, beautiful picnicking areas, well maintained Baseball Diamonds, restrooms, amazing views and very friendly dogs and dog owners. Hiking to the top of many of the trails allows Fabulous Views of the Pacific Ocean with wonderful fresh onshore airflows coming all the way from Hawaii.