“Good pizza don't eat the chicken”
Review of Giovanni's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giovanni's
Ranked #355 of 585 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Stopped in after a tour of UCSB. Pizza was good but expensive (all CA is). I got the chicken sub and it wasn't chicken. Not eve sure Subway would serve this. We did ask for $ back and they did so without issue. Seems to be a college type watering hole.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Delicious pizza and wings in a very casual setting. If you want a traditional tasty pie this is for you.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

This place looked promising from the outside with large families and 80s decor, but this is probably the worst pizza I've ever eaten in my life.
The crust was soggy, the sauce is bland, they ran out of fresh tomatoes (at 7pm in the evening), and there was only dried basil. I had the housemade meatballs on my pizza, and they were completely flavorless. I don't think they were made from actually meat.
I didn't even finish my pizza. I never leave food behind, but this was just awful.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

I had cheese pizza and my friend ate the lasagna. Oh man, absolutely delicious! Go there right now! Best prices on Coast Village Road, too, for sure.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

We ate here as it was just down the street from our hotel. What a mistake! It appears to be popular with locals, especially those with small children, probably because it is noisy and inexpensive. But the pizza is not good at all--kind of soggy in the center and loaded with lots of greasy cheese. It actually gave me indigestion, and I generally love pizza of all kinds. There is very little service to comment on. You order the pizza at the counter and they holler out your name for you to pick it up. I guess someone does clear the tables and wipe them, but that's the extent of the service. Maybe the pasta dishes are better, but I sure don't recommend the pizza.