“Nice quiet studio for a weekend in...”
other travellers have booked this property
property location Montecito Peak - view from property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
property location
Montecito Peak - view from property
view past kitchenette towards breakfast nook
breakfast nook - desk
view from bathroom door
bed and closet
entertainment center - leather sectional couch
where you all from?
kitchenette (sink, microwave, mini-refrigerator)
provisions - need something? Just ask.
bathroom - steam shower
bathroom - steam shower
steam shower with skylight
night view
bathroom - night
private patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
MrNBG
“Nice quiet studio for a weekend in Montecito/Santa Barbara!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

We had a great two night stay in this open studio. High ceilings, clean modern decore, bright with lots of windows, big screen tv with home theater sound, wifi, new bathroom with BIG shower and steam function, tucked on the side of the main property with private entrance. Hosts are wonderful -- non-invasive but really helpful and clear. It's spare design is great in general, but if you need a hair dryer, iron, or coffee maker, you'll probably have to ask the hosts because they're not available in the room. The bed is perfectly fine, but as an inflatable it is really the only detraction for what is otherwise a terrific accommodation. We had a great stay! Thanks!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Brian B
Fairfield, California, United States
“Comfortable, clean, modern and quiet.”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

My wife and I booked with Chris as part of a trip to celebrate an anniversary. Chris made us feel very welcome and was a very accommodating host; he was easily reachable by phone or text during our entire stay and even provided us with an iron and ironing board when we needed one.

The room is very spacious, very clean and modern. The recent renovation really shows. Very nice entertainment center and steam shower. Easy connection to wi-fi. It has a private entrance on an opposite side of the house from the main entrance, so we never felt like we would be bothering anyone if we came back late. The house is tucked away in a canyon in a residential neighborhood on a street that gets very little traffic. Chris has a space set aside on the street for parking. Downtown Santa Barbara is literally just a couple of minutes drive away, so this is a nice getaway if you don't want to be in a hotel down in the thick of things.

One thing that guests may want to be aware of is that the bed is an inflatable mattress with a memory foam surface on a folding frame, so it is not a traditional mattress on a box spring. I found it comfortable and had no issue sleeping on it. It's definitely not a deal-breaker; I would not consider it a reason not to book at this very nice room with a very pleasant host unless one was vehemently opposed to the idea of sleeping on an inflatable mattress.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Pancho666...
Bruxelles
“Not up to expectations”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The environment is very nice and at first sight the studio looked as per the photo published on the net. BUT there were practically no tools to cook or to eat. Only microwave for cooking. No pans. No coffee machine, no mixer. Not even spoons.no bowls.the worst was to come when we found out the bed was no true bed. It is an inflatable camping bed. We tried to sleep the first night on it but it was impossible. When one of us moved, the other fell out of the bed because it was all so unstable. The owner could not offer an alternative bed and accepted to reimburse 2 out of the 3 nights but not at the rate we had prepais flipkey but the net amount he had collected from them. We then looked for a hotel which was more expensive. We do have pictures of the camping bed on request.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
9 Aug 2014
Our rental studio has been on the market only for one month (since July 2014). "Pancho666923" was our 6th guest in that time and it saddened us to have had our first "sour grapes" experience.

I think it is important for guests to read the information provided on the website before booking. It would have, in this case I believe, avoided some of their disappointments.

Our listing states clearly that there is a microwave and refrigerator only. It is advertised and photographed as such. It surprised me to learn within minutes of the couple arriving that they loved to cook, wanted to make gazpacho -- where was the blender, mixer, and coffee maker? I told them there was not a full kitchen; we clearly did not represent having same. Nonetheless we offered to provide them our personal items as we live on premise.

Bed comfort is very subjective and I understand some guests want a conventional bed. This is not what we provide. But neither is this a camping experience. This is not a aerobed thrown on the floor. This is the Queen guest bed made by a well-established company Frontgate -- it is the top of their line of beds. It is portable. We purchased their optional memory foam top for added comfort.

I first experienced this bed as a guest in a hotel -- the Kimber Modern in Austin, TX and loved it. When I set up the guest room this year I specifically called the hotel to get the name of the bed as I felt it would be perfect for this guest application.

I don't want anyone here who is not completely comfortable. I have taken much time and effort to make this a beautiful accommodation. Seeing that these guests had expectations not met I offered to help them within the hour of their arrival find a hotel and a refund of all my proceeds. They declined and stayed the night.

The next morning they informed me they wanted to leave and so I refunded 2 of the 3 nights of my proceeds. I was not obligated to refund anything contractually.

I feel others have really enjoyed their stay. Time will tell as other reviews come in. Thank you.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing