“Excellent, looking forward to returning”
Review of Barbareno

Barbareno
Reserve with OpenTable
Barbareno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 575 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Conveniently located in downtown Santa Barbara, Barbareño seeks to embody California's Central Coast. Serving regionally inspired cuisine, fine California wines, and locally crafted beers in a rustic yet modern environment, we seek to celebrate our home through our service to our guests.
Reviewed February 3, 2018

Almost missed this restaurant (Open Table had erroneously permitted reservation on night they were closed!) Luckily, someone on staff called me and we got it straightened out, so I was able to enjoy after all. Some very inventive and tasty looking stuff on menu. I opted for signature tri-tip, which was fantastic with a cilantro chimichurri sauce. Also went with the beignets for dessert - duck fat fried, with bacon custard might sound strange but they were awesome (although I had to give two away, I was just too full). Great service, nice wine list - highly recommended.

Reviewed January 16, 2018

I'm a SB local and have tried much of the food in the city. This place is phenomenal. Very unique and has a "farm to table" type menu in which they use seasonal ingredients and create dishes inspired by the local climate. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed this restaurant more than Bouchon and other high end establishments in Santa Barbara. Why you may be asking? It is just different. I haven't had any food like it. Contemporary take on smokey and bold flavors. Mexican vibes, but not traditional Mexican food. I would recommend the ash smoked eggplant as a side and the grilled avocado was a nice way to start the meal. The Oak Tagliatelle is a highly interesting and excellent pasta dish made with acorns which is a native ingredient in the central coast landscape. Their beer list is very unique as well with craft beers from all over the state that pair exceptionally with the cuisine. They're wine list has an emphasis on local wines from the central California coast which is nice as well. If you can make it, I highly suggest you go.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Great place in residential sort of neighborhood. Food was fabulous! Friend and I shared the Brussels sprouts and a burger. The taters with the burger were as fantastic as the rest — irresistible, and I dont go for fries. These were way better. Not inexpensive, but if you are a bit of a foodie, this is a place to try.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

We were in Santa Barbara for one night only and sought out good, modern food. The food is amazing with a thoughtful menu of sophisticated, yet simple, food. Our waiter Eric was a great help in assisting us to choose dishes which showcased the menu and allowed us to try a couple of signature dishes.

This place is a gem.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We've been to this lovely restaurant twice. We love their mission to offer a high-end, local, creative, yet relaxed dining experience. Please keep experimenting and surprising us. We hope others feel the same. Prices are very fair for what you get. Highly recommended.