All reviews state street free parking walking distance to the beach stayed here for one night comfortable bed small pool nice breakfast hot tub fresh fruit road trip samantha block cereal wharf waterfront california
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel was one of our stop over points on a drive down the Pacific Coast Highway in September 2011. My wife & I really enjoyed Santa Barbara and the Avania Inn was fine for us as an overnight stop. The room was plenty big enough and very clean.The location is not too bad with the only slight downside being that State Street is 10-15 mins walk away. Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TR_Travel_UK
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed here with friends during my trip to California in September 2011. I found it to be more than adequate for our needs with a reasonably sized, clean room and welcoming staff. The complimentary breakfast is also very nice (especially the waffles!) and the hotel itself is situated in a very convenient location, both when arriving in Santa Barbara and also whilst staying in the town, as the US101, beach and State Street are all no more than 10 minutes walk. If I returned, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank galbers1892
Reviewed September 20, 2011

In Santa Barbara for Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Rooms were spacious and clean, beds very comfortable. Great balcony, pool and jacuzzi. 1 1/2 block from the beach and across from a park. Samantha gave us great service and discount cards to several restaurants. Will gladly book this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally P
Reviewed September 16, 2011

A good 10 minute walk from State Street is the only downside to this hotel but it is near the beach and harbour.
Really good rooms and a decent breakfast.
Key to this hotel is great value for money!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Palmburys
Reviewed September 15, 2011

anywhere else $200 for this place would have been insane, but for Santa Barbara it was reasonable. as others have said, the refurbishment was done cheaply and it definitely shows, the place just feels unloved and univiting, a criticism that extends to the pool, not sure that was worth the bother.
I had no problems at reception, she was nice enough to me. breakfast was fine, good coffee and great waffle maker!
I stayed one night and it was fine, just fine though, I would have been dissapointed if i had booked for longer, it is far from the part of state street that you want to get to.

• Stayed: September 2011