All reviews state street free parking walking distance to the beach stayed here for one night comfortable bed small pool nice breakfast hot tub fresh fruit road trip samantha block cereal pier california
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here on our final night in the US after a three-week road trip. Santa Barbara was the perfect place to end a fantastic holiday - it's such a chilled out town with lots of lively bars and restaurants. The hotel itself was a convenient 5-minute walk from the beach, and perhaps a 20-minute walk from downtown. The room was adequate, but of the 12 hotels we stayed in on the trip, was the smallest – this despite it being at the upper end of the price scale. The receptionist was also the most unfriendly we encountered on our journey. Upon checking in we found the door to our room open and the TV on, which was a little unusual, while there were soiled towels on the table. However, the pool area was large and the hot tub was fun, and the very early check-out was appreciated.

Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank Dave J
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel is located very close to Santa Barbara beach and all other amenities. I found the lady on the reception desk to be a little on the unfriendly side which wasn't the best start to our stay. Room was clean and an ok size. The hotel has wifi but I couldn't connect to it at all for the 2 days I stayed there. Breakfast was a bit of a crowded affair, lots of people and not enough tables, on day 2 we had no choice other than take our breakfast back to our room. Overall we were happy with this hotel.

1  Thank holmakerrachel
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed here for one night on our trip down the coast. The hotel is located in an ideal location for what we wanted to do. We were able to walk down toward the beach within minutes. Santa Barbara is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed just walking around and taking in the beach atmosphere.
The hotel is a little dated, but clean and well kept. We enjoyed a quick swim in the pool after a day of walking.
I would stay in the hotel again if ever in Santa Barbara. It's location can't be beat.

2  Thank Hjk131
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel was one of our stop over points on a drive down the Pacific Coast Highway in September 2011. My wife & I really enjoyed Santa Barbara and the Avania Inn was fine for us as an overnight stop. The room was plenty big enough and very clean.The location is not too bad with the only slight downside being that State Street is 10-15 mins walk away. Would use this hotel again.

2  Thank TR_Travel_UK
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed here with friends during my trip to California in September 2011. I found it to be more than adequate for our needs with a reasonably sized, clean room and welcoming staff. The complimentary breakfast is also very nice (especially the waffles!) and the hotel itself is situated in a very convenient location, both when arriving in Santa Barbara and also whilst staying in the town, as the US101, beach and State Street are all no more than 10 minutes walk. If I returned, I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends