All reviews great location state street one night continental breakfast plantation shutters short walk coffee and juice across the street would definitely stay here again two queen beds free parking within walking distance fresh fruit large bathroom reception area nice room sitting area
Reviewed September 17, 2018

This is a motel across the harbor, and close to the pier.
Not a lot of parking, but was enough for everyone during my visit.
Very limited breakfast (fruits and cookies) in the lobby (which is a small room)
My room had a patio, which I didn't use (just an overnight stay)

Another time I stayed in Motel 6, which is further from the pier and the harbor, but cheaper.
You can bike along the beach from either place.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Guy on reception pleasant, friendly and helpful. Nice little motel. Centrally located close to harbour and pier. Rooms good size with a little patio area to the back. Clean and nice addition of a settee too.

1  Thank danyell2g
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a night last minute, mainly due to its close proximity to the beach front.

We found the room to be perfectly fine - nothing spectacular but nothing bad either.

The guy at check in was more than happy to talk to us about Santa Barbara and point us towards some interesting things to do and see.

We'd stay again if we were looking for somewhere in Santa Barbara.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

This place is located near the west beach in Santa Barbara, and is composed only by a court Inn of nearly 10 rooms.
The check-in was fast but the man at the reception was a bit rude (we had to ask for wifi, the parking and the breakfast because he only told us to come before 10 and get muffins at the reception); I asked for high floor but the receptionist told me that they only a couple of room on the first floor but they were not available, we had however to pay all the stay immediately and my card was refused so we had to use my partner one.
The room was nice, with a queen bed and a sofa, a small wardrobe, a desk with a fridge and a huge bathroom with a big bath (I would have loved a bigger room with half the space in the bathroom), a ceiling air-conditioning.
My room key was not functioning most of the time, so I had to make it again on the reception but, depending on the person I could solve that or not: a girl did it with no problem, a young boy told me he needed both of the keys to renew them, so that I had to wait for my partner to do that, and the man usually at the reception told me that it was my fault taking it with phones or keys and renewed it only after a long complaining (even because he had always people seated at the reception whom he was talking to, I think friends).
After the first morning, I refused to go “at reception getting the breakfast to take to your room” (the only available breakfast, they call “light breakfast” in their website), at first because they give you no advise on what they offer, and I had to repeat 3 times my question about gluten-free sweets because the man did not bothered to understand the question.
This was also definitely overpriced (225-250 dollars per night for a queen double room), even because we were on the street and the walls were not enough soundproofed.
We had also another problem one night coming to the Inn later than the other days and we found all the parking full, except the accessible one (the man at the reception told us to get one of the free parking but not the accessible one), so that we had to find a place very far because we could ask nobody (because reception was closed) and we did not want to occupy the accessible place without being sure that the car should have not been removed (as you see from the picture, however, not all the cars were from people in the hotel and a couple were surely from Santa Barbara).
For all of this I have to admit this is the worse place where we have slept in our 1 month vacation in California.
For beach lovers in Santa Barbara: watch out also for tar, because Santa Barbara is full of sources of oil, and you’ll find tar on the west and east beach (and some surrounding beaches too).
I deeply believe that service is as important as quality of the place, and if a place has lacks in the quality and pretends to have high prices should improve their customer service and guest relations, but I think that in this place have no understanding for the guests’ needs because they’re always full because they’re in famous Santa Barbara.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucoh99
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I loved staying at the Castillo Inn. Located directly across from the beach,we we're walking distance to everything. We enjoyed a walk along the beach board walk where all handmade crafts were being sold. Walked out on the Pier and had ice cream. Then had a lovely stroll down the main Street where all the restaurants are located and found a place to dine. Our room was more like a home than a motel. Very large bathroom with nice decor. Room was beautifully decorated and comfy. The continental breakfast was specialty pastries, fruit and drinks. I would love to stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2018