San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$269
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$239
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$297
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$224
  • Beachfront
Ramada Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$178
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$189
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$199
BestWestern.com
Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$239
Harbor House Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$259
Hotels.com
US$545
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsstone housestonehouse restaurantoutdoor showerplow and angelthe cottagescreekside cottageroom serviceget away from it allgrounds are stunninglounge chairsfour seasonsprivate patiofitness centerromantic weekendthe pacific oceanturn down servicethe entire staff
Reviewed 29 November 2011

It had been some 15 years since I last visited this well established estate ranch, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it better than before. Although the location is unique, away from the actual village of Montecito, it's more wooded and natural setting adds a charm that probably hasn't changed much since JFK came here on his honeymoon in 1953.

It's really a combination of eucalyptus scented air and secluded nature with 5-star Four Seasons like unabashed powerful luxury.

Simply the best money can buy - but it does take a bucketful of money at that. However, it remains one of the best boutique hotels in the United States, and perfectly matches the local Montecito atmosphere of understated uber-wealthy titans of Hollywood, Wall Street, or Europe quietly living their lives of style, discretion, and happiness.

It's just not a hotel, it's an experience.

Room Tip: Ask for JFK's suite
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank GregorySeven
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This place is Spectacular! My most favorite place I ever stayed. Can't wait to go back. You wont be disappointed. Worth every dollar, and by far the most romantic resort. Privacy cottages, five star food, and unbelievable service. I am on my third visit. Will continually go back. Experience the jewel off Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoriaangel1
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here to attend a small wedding in Montecito. It is a very nice resort - private and charming. My only "bad" comment is that it is so private that at time the hotel staff did not know us and I felt like an intruder rather than a guest. Once they knew we were guests they were very accommodating. I really enjoyed it. I love Rosewood Resorts because they are always the finest. I did not care about cost but rather, the excellent accommodations. I would definitely stay here again. I can't believe I have stayed in several pricey bad hotels in Santa Barbara when this resort was here all along. Explore the beautifully kept grounds and come prepared to hike - the mountain trails are plentiful and the area is remote and beautiful. (Plenty of other hikers so I was not afraid of the wilderness!) The food here is the best! I do not mean "good", I mean the BEST! The drinks are also very tasty. Our room was small, but very cozy and great for romance! I am making up reasons to come back soon.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a living room or jacuzzi and outdoor shower. Well worth it! Very special!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AMS21
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights over our anniversary and all I can say is that it was absolutely perfect. Probably the best place we have ever stayed in my opinion and I would go back in a heartbeat.

We stayed in Tulip which is a Junior Suite - from the service, to the amenities to the little notes and water bottles left on our nightstands after the evening turn down, everything was perfect. The four poster bed was as beautiful as it was comfortable and the electric fireplace was perfect on a chilly evening. The tea light candles left by the tub were perfect for winding down before dinner and the outdoor shower was such a treat after a dip in our personal hot tub.

I noticed the other reviews that mention the construction going on next door and while we saw it going on, we could not hear it from our room. I did comment to my husband that if I was paying so much to stay there I would be upset by that noise...Tulip was not impacted by the noise people mention in other rooms.

We dined in the Stonehouse restaurant on site both nights as well. I would rate the restaurant 4 stars out of 5 just due to some slightly overcooked meat and slightly spotty service, but overall it was great.

Room Tip: Tulip was away from the recent construction and was not impacted by the noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cd717
Reviewed 24 October 2011

There are other reviews that have covered the scam that is going on here. The hotel does not disclose that house construction is going on next door. This has been going on for 8 months now (we spoke with the contractor). The party line at the desk is that work is off and on so they don't need to disclose it. They will not refund your money, or even offer a discount, for the night of discovery, but they will let you off the hook for the duration of the reservation should you choose to leave.

the latest news from the site: they need to drill a well!...Enjoy, work begins at 7am.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple