“I am a frequent stayer at this Hotel!!”

Driftwood Santa Clara
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Sacramento, California
“I am a frequent stayer at this Hotel!!”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Whenever I come into town This is the hotel i choose. I have never had any real bad experiences here. There are few changes i would make(like softer beds)but other than that I am very happy when i stay at this econolodge. The staff is very friendly with me and usually have my keys waiting for me when i arrive! There have been times that there is noise outside but what do you expect from young people these days. I have never felt unsafe at this location but then again I tend to keep to myself and my room. I would recommend this hotel as I said I personally have never had a bad experience here and will continue to stay here when I am in town!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
cleveland
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Desk clerk made us wait outside in the cold for 15 minutes why processing our reservation. We use choice privileges points so I do not know why it took him so long.clean room but I would only stay here without hhe wife on a short stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Leesburg, VA
Reviewed 26 December 2011

My hotel room was in poor shape.

1. It stank. Had a nasty odor that never went away.
2. The card key had to be continually reprogrammed. During a week stay, I had to have the card reset six times.
3. The ceramic tiles in the shower/bath were broken and missing.
4. The TV remote control didn't work properly.
5. Water pressure in the shower was weak.
6. Wall paper was torn in numerous spots.
7. A large 2x2 ft square section in the wall had been cut away and only partially repaired.

I guess that's what $60.00 a night gets these days? I'm left with a sour taste for this hotel chain and will not likely stay at Econolodge again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Santa Clara hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Nothing special but its a place to crash and it's near San Jose. Exactly what you would expect from an Econolodge.

• Stayed December 2011
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I try to travel on a budget so that makes some of my experiences understandable. This place surprised me (negatively) though. It looks like an average motel, the check in experience was like an average motel and on the positive side it was quiet at night and reasonably so in the daytime. When I checked in I was given an upstairs room and as soon as I opened the door I knew the desk clerk and I would be talking more often than he liked.
The room was narrow and the desk had an armchair awkwardly stuffed under it that didn't fit under and blocked about half of the already narrow walkway to the rest of the room. An assortment of screws on the wall above the beds indicated that at some time there were 3 pictures in the room instead of the current 1. It was late so I decided to talk with the manager in the morning. Turns out the clerk is actually the resident manager, and maintenance guy, who says the housekeepers don't keep him informed. Maybe he should walk around and open a door once in a while.
The next day I heard/saw several interactions between guests and a very expressive and rather loud housekeeper. She complained about the way they were keeping their rooms and I got the impression this is an ongoing situation. At least two of the rooms seem to have people living semi-permanently . The woman in the room next to me (after I was moved to a nicer room downstairs) that plays her radio loudly enough to be heard through the wall, actually went to the housekeepers cart, got the vacuum and vacuumed her own room. Then there was the group of 3 or 4 men that worked on the motor home in the parking lot for an entire day trying to get it started. It was parked here when i got here and 3 days later still there, still not running.
It's not my business how people live but this is definitely not what I expected from a chain, even a cheap budget chain. I'll do more homework before booking next trip.

Room Tip: If you end up choosing to stay here I reccommend insisting on previewing the room to see if it accep...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Our stay @ the EconoLodge was very pleasant.The rooms were quite large w/ excellent space to work & relaxe and just move around without feeling "boxed-in".{nice decor} Our stay was on a weekend and was very comfotable,clean,and most of all very QUIET,with a receptive and pleasant on-sie management team.{Large choice of places to eat}

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The staff was awsome ,location was perfect,
The price was even better.time the time got away from me, late check out no problem,so I give it five stars.

• Stayed August 2010
1.7 km away
Friendship Inn
Friendship Inn
#20 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Driftwood Santa Clara? Share your experiences!