“cheap room and cool service staff”

Motel 6 Santa Clara
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Santa Clara, California
“cheap room and cool service staff”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Compared to our last stay in Super 8 at Berkeley the rooms here are not that good. But since we did only sleep here it was okay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Singapore
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Simple no-frill stay. Nothing special but at US$55 the acco was a good one. However if you need wi-fi, be prepared to pay extra. No gadgets like microwave or refrigerator. I would rate it as a very average accommodation. Rooms were clean and daily cleaning was good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Dipayan
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 7 October 2011

This was the cheapest rate I could find on the internet, and I was prepared for an adventure. The hotel was in a busy area of Santa Clara with lots of strip malls and fast food joints around. The hotel staff was courteous and I did not have any problems with check in/out or daily room cleaning, except they do not provide shampoo so bring your own. The problem was I booked non-smoking and the room was clearly marked non-smoking but there was an overwhelming stench of tobacco in the room that overpowered my as soon as I walked in. I eventually was able to cope with it by opening the window all the way and blasting the air conditioner at the same time. .

Room Tip: "Non smoking" may not mean non-smoking
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank channelswim4
vancouver washington
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We looked at 4 rooms before 'taking' a medium room. There was CHICKEN WIRE on the airconditioners where the vents should have been. The room smelled. We bought baby powder ( spinkle on the floor ) and 409, did a cleaning before we even brought our luggage in. The TV was snowy. there was no hot water in the sink. there was a Mary Jane (hint) party going on a few rooms from ours all weekend. the manager Never did a walk thru. I have an associate that works for Motel 6 and he couldnt believe this property . Go some where Else !!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Santa Clara hotels

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This place was kind of in a sketchy area and it looked like there were a few people who stayed here permanently (they had a bookshelf in their room with the windows open). There were also random people walking around aimlessly. The room itself was supposed to be non-smoking but did have a hint of smoke smell and cigarette burns on the bedspread. The bathroom was large with good water pressure, but could have been cleaner. The beds were rock hard as well. I was a bit scared to park my car here and crossed my fingers that it would be there the next morning.

One thing that was good was that there was a Korean dessert house (Honey Berry?) that had crepes, waffles, froyo, coffee and shaved ice down the street. This hotel is in a Korean district so there seems to be a good deal of food in the area. Seemed a bit pricey for a Motel 6 as well. On the bright side, the towels were new and fluffy and the TV worked well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Oroville, California
Reviewed 27 July 2008

If you ever saw the movie "Scarface", think back to the scene when Tony's buddy is chained to the shower curtain rod in the bathroom, and then meets the chainsaw. Well, the scene must have been filmed here, red splatters on the walls, the vent, the floor, the shower, etc. Why it wasn't just re-painted I don't know. Part of the hotel has been converted to a residential hotel, and those folks simply feel they own the place and blast their tv's and stereos at all hours. I've stayed in a few Motel 6's in my life, and I never expect much, but most are at least clean. This was the single worst motel I've EVER step foot in by far.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank moeavatane
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed 15 September 2007

I was in need of a room on short notice. I stopped in, and asked the (very friendly) night manager if she had a room. She only had a handicap access room, and I asked to take a look. I was okay with it, but I failed to check a few things, more on that later.

Price was inexpensive (2nd lowest in Santa Clara), but when you consider what you get, it's actually expensive. No Wifi or free internet, for example: lucky that I could pick up the free city signal.

Then, later, when I went into my room, I realized the lamps over the bed and desk didn't work! Manager said there was nothing she could do. Pretty big breach of maintenance here.

Then, even later, when I'm taking a shower, I realize that not only does the exhaust fan not work, but there was no soap left in the bathroom....nothing....not a single bar! I guess it's BYOS at Motel 6!

The mattress was the worst I've slept on in awhile as well...no support at all, and the edges had metal wire you could feel through the top.

I calmly expressed my problems the next morning, and asked for an adjustment...the day staff was at first a bit confrontive, seeming to think that I should have said somethig about the lamps the night before (I did). They then offered me a very minimal discount. Not being an aggressive bargainer, I asked for them to double it and left it at that. They agreed immediately, but I'm still waiting for it to appear on my card.

Bottom line: this place came across to me as cheap and unprepared in the most basic ways. To not even have soap in the bathroom, or working lamps in the bedroom, it's just embarrassing.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale
#24 of 33 in Sunnyvale
0.4 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Silicon Valley

Been to Motel 6 Santa Clara? Share your experiences!