“Nice Business Stay...”

The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Great location and room. I found the Plaza Suites on our corporate Orbitz site and it was recommended by our company. I'm was very happy with the room, it's layout and amenities. The only complaint I have is to charge us for internet. I really feel nickel and dimed when charged for internet access. If they gave it to me for free, I would have to go with 5-stars.

Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Checked it bedbugregistry.org and all clear.

The last night of my stay I was in my room and all of the sudden smelled cigarette smoke. I knew it was from the hallway, so I opened my door to see a lady coming out of the stairwell and then head two doors down the hall. She had been smoking in the stairwell. Really? It came right in my room as I was across the hall from the stairwell. The people also had their door propped open and talking very loudly and cussing. You really have to wonder some times about who people like this think they are.

I call the front desk and Christine said she would look into it. She called back about 1/2 hour later and said she had asked the guest to leave. Bravo Christine!

Enjoyed the 3 free drinks and breakfast. Omlettes are great.

Excellent customer service, great location, good price. I'd come back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the halls are very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BIM_me_up

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I was part of a tour group and we stayed here 1 night. My roommate & I arrived earlier than the rest of the group and were allowed to check in right after lunch, which we really appreciated since the rest of the group wouldn't be arriving until after 4.
The rooms were quite spacious; I loved the separate sitting area. Appreciated the robes and slippers. Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed for the holidays so we walked to a nearby Mexican restaurant and had lunch there, which was fine.
This hotel is nestled in between businesses, and I never would have found it by myself, but it is definitely a nice gem. Since it was between Christmas and New Years, the business travelers were not here so I don't know how busy the hotel normally is, but the staff was quite attentive to us. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Surprised by the value and quality of this hotel. Truly a find. The free happy hour and parking, and generous complimentary breakfast are just some of the perks. Room was quite spacious and I liked the suite layout. Really surprised by how good this place was. I tried a grilled chicken salad at the on-site restaurant, and it was actually pretty good. Definitely worth staying here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2011

The best part of this hotel is undoubtedly it's rooms, while small, by American standards, they are well equipped and comfortable, warm and clean.

The worst part? the food, this is probably as much a reflection of American cuisine in general as it is of the food served by the Plaza Suites. Don't get me wrong you can eat very well in the states, it's just not the norm. Your average American meal is very average. Getting back to the hotel, it has a gym, while not well maintained it does have tread mills, bikes, etc and it is hardly ever used so you won't have to wait for a machine.

The hotel foyer is attractive, but as usual, that's as far as it goes, once you get out of the elevator, you see they went to no expense to liven up the halls and passage ways. Sill one doesn't spend much time in these so who cares, right?

Speaking of elevators, the carpet in the elevators were thankfully removed halfway through my stay, I don't know what it is with hotels who don't take care of the little details like this, to say they were dirty is being kind, what does it cost to change these regularly, surely not that much.

The Staff at the Plaza are generally friendly, courteous and helpful, no complaints here.

There is plenty of parking at the Plaza Suites, which is good as you will need a car to get around. On weekends the Hotel seems to get overrun by little league baseballers, and they make their presence felt and especially heard, thank goodness it was only the weekends

In summary for the price, $159 per night breakfast included, I was happy with the hotel and would stay there again. but eat out...

Room Tip: The Hotel is just off the 101 so try get a room that faces away from the highway, the windows are ol...
1  Thank Endevaour61
Reviewed 24 November 2011

In town for business and got a good rate on the Plaza Suites and wasn't disappointed. I normally stick with my points-based reward hotels, but this deal seemed good. I was late for a Skype business meeting and needed wi-fi immediately upon check-in, but ironically, wi-fi was down at the hotel. We were instructed to go to McDonald's for the meeting, so this could have been bad but luckily I was able to reschedule and the manager was kind enough to allow late check-out to accomodate me to be in a quiet place for the meeting.

Breakfast was perfectly fine and included, and the three free drink tickets were a nice touch and Anthony the bartender was kind. Room was a typical suite, comfy bed, and tiny bathroom! Free drive to SJO and good front desk service= would return again!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Waking up here right now. Meeting up with my husband as he works long hours in San Jose.

Lobby is very nice. Staff very friendly upon greeting us. Husband had come in the early morning to arrange room, as I didnt have any current ID (handbag was stolen in San Fran.) The staff here was very accommodating given the situation.

Our suite is two rooms. Living room with a desk, small pull out sofa, chair and coffee table. There is a cabinet with a hideaway mini fridge, microwave and safe. Flat screen LG tv. Living room is comfortable. There was a bit of discoloration on the carpet by the coffee table, but nothing that was thought to be unclean.

Nice sink/vanity area, very spacious for a mom and her two little ladies to get ready by. Now the sink and tub area. They are clean, but they are tiny. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about.

The bedroom is a decent size. We have the double bed room. Beds are full size, not queen. Super comfortable with crisp clean bedding. Another LG tv on here. Nice having two tvs with two girls in tow. Very decent size closet as well. Only downside of our room, traffic noise. Hense why I'm writing a review at 5:30am rather than sleeping, Though I am a very light sleeper. I will request a different room off the road next time.

Room service was good, if not a bit overpriced. The girls felt like divas waiting for it to arrive. Husband and I enjoyed our free drinks at the lounge. We were given 6 free drink coupons at check in to be used during happy hour, 5-7 pm. We also ordered burgers and fries. They were very good, very vey good. Husband had sweet potato fries with his, we left nothing on our plates. Antonio, the bartender, was super friendly, as was everyone else on staff.

My daughters can't wait for warmer weather to come back and use the pool.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed here overnight while my father had surgery this past week. The staff is efficient while not being very friendly. The room is what you would expect for a business hotel, smallish. The furniture had some spill stains on it that they had been mostly cleaned but they had not been able to remove the whole stain. The walls had several black marks on them. All of this I consider tolerable and to be expected from a hotel that sees a lot of traffic. However a few things are unacceptable for me, like a dirty bathroom. The tub wasn't draining properly so my bf removed the drain cover thinking it just wasn't allowing the water to pass quickly enough. Unfortunately the drain was covered with hair and dirt which completely grossed me out. Another problem is the thinness of the walls. I woke up around 6 30 because the person next door to us was blaring their music (waking up to bruno mars is not preferable to sleeping) and when I called the front desk they couldnt figure out which room it was because they dont know the lay out of their own hotel. Apparently saying I can hear it through the wall of the bedroom ( since the suite is divided into two rooms) confuses the receptionist. So they had to call me back ask me to face the door and say left or right. Even after that it took them several minutes to ring the person next door. I know this because I could hear the phone ringing through the wall. Since the hotel is so close to the freeway I would recommend having a noise maker app on your smart phone, It really does help drown out the noise of the cars. I wouldnt stay here for the 300 dollars they normally expect but the deal for 159 that I got seemed like a fair enough price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
2  Thank Elyse B