All reviews train station long stay bagel place directly across the street parking lot full kitchen an extended stay small kitchenette studio suite silicon valley room was clean el camino living area house keeping location is great would definitely stay here again scu
Reviewed July 21, 2018

Great hotel for an extended stay with family! Perfectly located in Silicon Valley, across from Santa Clara University, next door to train station, and close to a Starbucks and a sandwich place for a quick bit to eat. The staff were very nice and helpful, and the family liked that you can check out movies and even kitchen appliances and games for free. Our room faced the train station but I did not hear a thing, and overall, it was very quiet since it is located off the main street in a back parking lot area. We rented a 1 bedroom suite, which was clean and pretty updated in decor, with a full kitchen. The main bedroom had a queen sized bed, which was very comfortable (I am a horrible sleeper and I was able to sleep through the night). The room also had a small desk and TV, and since you could close the door to the rest of the suite, it allowed us to work in private when needed. The living room/kitchen area had its own TV/DVD player with a pull out sleeper couch. There is also a large desk, perfect for working and eating. We stayed for 3 days and the parking was complementary. Will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2018

If you really just want to be super close to SCU, this is it. Super convenient and just near the train station also. Starbucks as soon as you head out for your morning coffee, police station around the corner for extra safety. But for hotel standards, kinda dated but clean. I rather stay at the Hilton for this price and get more luxury but I am only paying for the convenient to be across SCU.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Candlewood Suites is situated bang opposite Univ of Santa Clara and in front of the local rail station. We stayed for 4 nights in a studio suite that is perfect for a long stay. A cozy bedroom, living area with roll out sofa bed, a study desk, and fully equipped kitchen.

There is a functional laundry and gym in the common area and the front office has an array of DVDs to give out for those evenings where one is in the mood to catch a movie in the comforts of the room.

And there are many restaurants within walking/short drive from the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2018

1. only "light cleaning" on weekends
2. then on monday, "we are short of hands" so there was no cleaning.
3. again on tuesday, "we are again short on hands because people just call in sick. we are terribly sorry but there is nothing we can do" !!?

Room tip: right next to santa clara caltrain station so whenever & quite so often that trains passby, it gets noisy even at night
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Hi Eddie T,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret the issues you had with our housekeeping services.

We are an extended stay hotel and rooms get serviced every seven days to ensure guest privacy. I understand that this concept did not work so well for you. However, this works out quite well for most of our guests who stay with us long term. We have shared your feedback to the management for review as we endeavor to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

While we understand that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we sincerely hope that you would consider us again on your next visit.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

I have traveled globally and often frequent Santa Clara, CA for work. This is my new go-to hotel. When every hotel was booked within a 30 mile radius and I was traveling solo at night, they found a room for me when my other reservation fell through elsewhere. Not only that, but Angelica German worked throughout the next day to find a way to extend my rooms for the rest of my trip so I wouldn’t have to move hotels 3 times with other chains. Very good room, extremely clean, great customer People First attitude at this hotel. Thank you! I will be back!

Date of stay: November 2017