“Nice place, great people”

Best Western Santa Clara University Inn
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Nice clean rooms, and a couple very friendly very helpful women that work the front desk. Nice flat screen LCD to plug my laptop into as well. By far the most bang for your buck in the area.

Room Tip: All of them I have stayed in have been nice.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Bert D

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Ramada Limited Santa Clara really surprised us. After reading the reviews I was very skeptical to book here but the price of the rooms were very cheap and in my budget. When i arrived I was greeted by a lovely lady who checked us in. I was blown away by the rooms. The furniture was all carbon fiber and the flat screen made watching TV even more enjoyable. The beds were so comfortable that I had such a good night sleep The house keeping staff was very nice and my room was pretty clean. I really liked that the hotel was spacious and had enough parking. I recommend Ramada Limited because its a perfect place for anyone's budget.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank DianaV12
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My husband and I booked three days at the Ramada since our son was playing in a tournament close to Santa Clara Univ. When we arrived the pool was being replastered and not in use. It was July and very hot, we asked if there was another Ramada we could use? The man at the front desk was very rude and would not accomadate us. He just kept stating that we had already prepaid so we would lose our money if we didn't stay there. He then gave us a key card to our room which was already occupied. We walk in on someone else who was in the shower. I was horified! We went back to the front desk to let him know someone was already in that room and he was still rude to us and seemed upset that he had to give us a different room. I will never stay there again. Every morning we could hear the jack hammers being used on repairing the pool. We only stayed because we would have lost three days hotel cost. It was close to the University but there are no nice places to eat around there except fast food.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jahays
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Our class reunion leaders got us a great group rate for the Ramada so I switched from the Days Inn, which was $20 more. The Ramada folks did a lot of upgrading but just fell short of a great job. Entering the room there was that familiar smell that told me it had once been a smoking room. The bed, bedding, furniture and carpet were very nice. But the window & sill were dirty, window cracked, the painters had painted right over the old hinges and dinged doors. It was a 75% clean up I think, but then we all have our budgets. It would have been nice to have had a floor lamp next to the chair!! The breakfast, yes, was tiny but options were close by the hotel. The grounds were nice, pool clean, parking easy and it was quiet. So, all in all, other than the old smell....I might stay here again if the next reunion is in the same area. It is also in a safe area of Santa Clara and it is easy to get anywhere from this location. Of course I grew up there so that made it all the easier. It was 10 minutes from Great America, if that.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank candydawn
Reviewed 23 June 2010

The hotel is right on El Camino Real and easily seen, right next to a traffic light. There are a bunch of nearby fast food joints and restaurants which can be walked to when the temperature is not too hot (definitely not in summer).
A big outdoor pool is about the only exercise you can get.
It is probably a motel with continental breakfast (skip the breakfast if you can, go to the nearby Denny's which could be 6-15 $ depending on what you eat). A refrigerator, microwave, LCD TV with big comfortable bed is what you get for around 60-70$ which is a great price for Santa Clara. No restaurant in the hotel so everything is outside. It is 4-5 miles from the nearest big business houses, so you defintely need a car. Cabs may take time and the traffic lights on that street could add up to a expensive trip. VTA buses run on that street (only specific times of the day) but you may need to change 2-4 buses to get to your destination (1-3 hrs depending on where you are going).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Smart_Traveler_2K10
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Good location, nice housekeepping staff. Front desk staff could use some lessons in compassion and how to pay attention, with the exception of Paolo. I like that there is a fridge and microwave in the room. Could use a bit of sprucing up around the edges but overall not too bad. They should deep clean the carpets more though. They are well vacumned but need to be shampooed.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyDragonHumboldt
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I am a regular business traveler to silicon valley and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Here's why .... It's great value. The rooms are newly decorated with flat screen TVs. In my 20 or so visits the staff have never made a single mistake about my booking. It's safe, there's no danger or crime as far as I know. It's not the greatest area, but it's fine if you have a car. Lots of fast food nearby (that's probably a negative!) Easy access north and south. Breakfast is just about passable but what can you expect? The big new beds are to die for, I get an amazing night's sleep every time. free WiFi. What more can I say?

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business