“Central location in Santa Clara, CA”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mariani's Inn

Mariani's Inn
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Merced, California, United States
“Central location in Santa Clara, CA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is sort of a historic hotel - think Mariani (fruit) Packing Service is great, food is excellent. Rooms need updating. The bar has real live music on most weekends. We attended a huge birthday party in the large banquet room. The food was excellent and service attentive.

Room Tip: We asked for a room in the center of the hotel away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

The rude manager at this hotel insisted that I stayed 2 nights while I only stayed one night and thus charging me twice as much. The room I stayed at this hotel is small and dingy and it has a strange smell from the dirty carpet (which is why I only stayed there for a night).

Use your best judgment and look for hotel around nearby locations. I noticed there are many other hotels to choose from within a 2 block radius.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank lexin12

Travellers are raving about these Santa Clara hotels

Reno, NV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I picked this property because of the convenient location to my moms house. Also Marianis is a local institution. They have a heated pool and spa which was one of my criteria. The pool and spa were great. The rooms are showing their age. While clean, they could go for a much needed facelift. Would I stay here again? Not sure. If I could get a room for under the 50/ngt maybe.

• Stayed January 2012
Yuba City, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I have stayed here once or twice you could say. The staff is awesome however the hotel needs upgrades. Beds are way out of date and very firm. Always short sheets. Never a fitted sheet. Bitten by bed bugs. Cock roaches. Cold breakfast but it's free. House keeping overkills on Lysol spray. All in all if comfort was defined by amenities go elsewhere, if it's the way the staff treats you it's the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MrBechtel
Airdrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

Mariani's is not a Hyatt, a Hilton, or the Ritz! Nor do you pay for that. The price is reasonable and given that it is in the $80-90 range, it is very good. It is similar to a Super-8 or a Motel6. No, the bedspreads & the carpets do not match, but I don't pay for that! The beds are comfortable, my internet worked great (unlike some other reviewers). The staff is phenomenal! Very helpful. Like others, I don;t usually stay in the more affordable hotels, but I did not feel uncomfortable in the hotel at all. Would I like them to upgrade things, of course. But I realize that this is a private owned hotel and that they do not hav ethe capital that the chains have, so they can't do everything all at once. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay, and service is a priority, this is the place. If you are looking for a chain hotel, stay there! There are many hotels in the area, this is one I would stay at again.

Room Tip: I did not stay in a suite, but given the other reviews, this may be the way to go if you want a bigg...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Folsom, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

This place certainly did not look like much on the outside, but the room was very clean and had all of the comforts that we really wanted. A refrigerator, coffee pot, great channels and very comfortable beds. The breakfast was really quite good and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was slippery for some reason, but the water was warm and clean. It is centrally located and parking is easy. We will return to this Inn anytime we stay in Santa Clara.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sade1067
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I found a good rate for my room by booking it with my travel. This motel cost a little more than I'm usually willing to spend, but it was close to where I needed to be in the morning and I've had awful experiences trying to sleep in the cheaper motels, so I chose it.

What a treat for a budget traveler like me! My room was large, had a frig & microwave, a large bathroom, it was clean and didn't smell weird. The bed was comfortable and I slept very well. That's unusual for me when I travel. In the morning the shower head put out a decent stream of water (unlike the trickles I have tried to wash in at some cheaper places). And the bathroom actually had enough lighting. Some of the cheaper motels give you a 20 watt bulb in each room and expect you to be happy with that.

Then, the icing on the cake, guests get an honest-to-goodness hot breakfast in the restaurant in the morning included in their room rate. Eggs, bacon, sausage, juice, milk, dry cereal if you really have to stick to your fiber in the a.m., muffins and banana bread.

If all lower priced motels would treat their guests this well they'd be booked full year-round. If I ever have to go to San Jose again, I know where I'll stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo