“Arely was wonderful!”

Biltmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The service is often slow at the restaurant here but Arely was a fantastic server and went out of her way to help us. I love the Biltmore. I come here frequently for business workshops and love the staff, the rooms are clean, the airport shuttle is super convenient and the hottub is nice and hot.

Room Tip: I like to stay out by the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Stephanie E, Guest Relations Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi Molly, thank you for the wonderful feedback. We love that you love the Biltmore. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Last Saturday we had a 50th Anniversary Party at the Santa Clara Biltmore and everyone went above and beyond for us. Jane Cabalce was amazing and couldn't have been more helpful. We had 85 people there. The banquet room looked beautiful. The food was wonderful and the staff couldn't have been better. Everything went off without any problems at all. The rooms were nice and clean and I have no complaints . We had breakfast the next morning at no charge and it was very nice and tasty. I will recommend this venue to all of my friends from now on. Thanks you Biltmore.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Hi Diane J., thank you for the wonderful review. I'm happy to hear that your event was a huge success and that all your guests will have a lasting memory of this milestone celebration. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Recently held an event here with 300 attendees. The facilities were great including using the atrium for a "project fair". Amy Becker was our contact and was great to work with. Would definitely recommend for a business meeting

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Stephanie E, Guest Relations Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hi Orrin95014, thank you for the awesome review. We look forward to having you back again. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Stayed 2 days at the hotel. Very friendly staff specially front desk supervisor Sonam, who was extremely patient with all our queries and very helpful in finding places that we didnt know about. Santana row was one of them and we loved it.HE also recommended we stay at the tower suite which was amazing.We loved our stay and will definitely come back. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. very good location. close to levi's stadium and great america park etc.

Room Tip: Tower suite facing great america
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Hi Tjay2015, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay. I too love Santana Row. It is a great place to shop, dine and just unwind. I'm happy to hear you plan on coming back. Give us call when you're ready to make your reservations. See you soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel this last weekend and was very pleased. The hotel was clean and reasonably priced and would normally get three stars, but here is where they earned an extra star. I booked the hotel though a third party (hotels.com) and called the hotel night before my stay because I saw a couples package that hotels.com didn’t list or I overlooked. I don’t remember the last I spoke to, but she advised that I couldn’t upgrade to the couples package because of the short notice and because I booked through a third party which I understand. Free of charge and on her own, this employee upgraded my suite to a suite on the top floor, provided vouchers for the breakfast buffet that was one of the better buffets I’ve been to, and provided free champagne and a tray of fruits and cheeses etc. With all this, I was able to have a lovely weekend with my wife and all because of their customer service. Thanks again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi bluflu28, so happy to read your review regarding your recent stay. I hope that you and your wife enjoyed a weekend away from home. Think of us again the next time you are in town. We would be glad to accommodate you. Have a great day!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Was here only few nights due to hotel sold out. Reservation was done through my company but room was not specified. Thank lord this is a smoke free hotel or it could have been worse. Room booked was in corridor room when I was under impression it’s going to be suite. This was my 3rd stay and I was not able to extend further due to hotel sold out.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Was upgraded to suite once I asked them. Shuttle to intel was quick and breakfast was busy and you could see a rush.
Other then Smokey air due to Napa fires and not having room for 3rd nite everything was good.
Hao,donald and Teo , always nice to guest.
I will be back again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hi BusyMoe, thank you for the wonderful review. Happy to see we were able to upgrade you to a suite this time around. Come see us again soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We spent three nights at this hotel as base for a trade show at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Selected hotel for convenience and promised shuttle. Challenges experienced pertain to shuttle and some sub-par restaurant service. Strengths are a very good facility, location and some very good experienced people. This is a good place to stay but if you are here to work hard at a convention or trade show without a car, there a few things to think about.

On arrival around noon on Friday we called and found that no shuttle was available from the airport until nearly 3pm. We had to take a taxi. We did not press for reimbursement but if you get in the same spot, ask. On arrival at hotel no shuttle was available to convention center for nearly two hours even though the van was parked right in front of the hotel. Mystery! Not surprisingly, our room was not available since we arrived before standard check-in. The hotel did provide a room upgrade to accommodate for lack of shuttle and got us into a room while waiting for a ride.

Having just arrived from a cross country flight we wanted something to eat. Unfortunately the hotel restaurants are not open mid-afternoon nor is there room service between 2 and 4pm. Finally, we got some peanuts from the Valero station next door while waiting to get shuttle to the convention center. There is not much else available nearby. Once we were connected with shuttle that service was great throughout the rest of our stay. Advice is you've got to figure out the signup system and check in advance that their schedule aligns with your needs. Ask about it even before you get there if you are going to depend on the shuttle for transportation.

Restaurant and bar service generally is not on par with a quality convention hotel which looked mainly due to what seemed like very inexperienced front line staff. Buffet breakfast food and selection was good but service nearly non-existent. Had to get up to find and pour our own coffee each morning at the restaurant beyond first cup from the wait staff’s service area. One young staff member seemed put off that I would help myself. Service staff just seemed too inexperienced and thin to understand this basic part of restaurant service. In the evening, food at bar was very good and a good value but again inexperienced staff just is not up to normal level. By Sunday night, after a weekend on the trade show floor, we were ready have a good meal and watch a ball game in the bar. That brought a few more hassles, again clearly from inexperienced, young staff that had not learned good customer service.

The needed word is: patience. For us, the food manager, Letty, saved the day. She clearly knows customer service and more than made up for junior members’ service misfires and other frustrations that we had over the weekend. She made things right and seemed to understand the buildup of frustration encountered during our stay. The biggest thing she delivered was an understanding ear. We are grateful.

In spite of the issues we will stay here next time we have an event at the Convention Center because of some of the core people who know the service industry, the location and quality of the facility and expectation that we can make this work, hopefully next time with less effort.

Stayed: October 2017
Stephanie E, Guest Relations Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear FrancCabernet, thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. What convention did you attend? Aside from shuttle delays and poor staff service, it sounds like your overall experience was satisfactory. If you decide to return next year, know that our shuttle is only based on availability and that we prioritize our guests that need to be picked up or dropped off to the airport. We recommend that you schedule shuttle transportation ahead of time with our front desk and should you need to be picked up to call at least 15-20 minutes before you are ready to be picked up. Our shuttles does not have a guaranteed time for pick up/drop off so always plan 30 minutes in advance just to be safe. As of our staff, having in-experienced staff is not acceptable. You should not have to get your own coffee. Perhaps the restaurant was very busy that day. Rest assure I will be sharing your comments with our staff and management team. We hope to make changes to better our services and improve our hotel's atmosphere. If there is anything I can do to assist, please do not hesitate to give me a call at (408) 346-4713. Thank you.

Regards,