“Nice Hotel But Poorly Managed”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Valencia
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

The hotel is clean and nice looking but the service is very subpar. The room I checked in for online was not ready, even though it was 5pm so I had to settle for a room I did not want. Mouthy, rude, poorly trained wait staff at the breakfast cafe did not feel like helping mobility-limited wife. Blinking green light on smoke detector that disrupts sleep--and a manager who jokes about it. Found balled up sock by the bed. Had to repeat requests for allergen free pillows. Loooong lines for understaffed omelette station (40 minutes). Manager never bothered to respond to complaints. I was amazed that this was a Hilton hotel. From wait staff to management, it felt like this was the first day of hospitality training for all of them. With so many great hotels in the area this one is to be avoided until there are some staff upgrades.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank G098

Reviewed 7 November 2016

The room was clean and comfortable, and pre check in was a snap. I liked the ability to select my room ahead of time. But beware of the hidden parking fee of $10.00 I was extremely disappointed to discover it later on my emailed bill. I was not made aware of this at anytime when booking the room, checking in or checking out. I feel this was a dishonest fee attached to my stay. There is no reason for this fee as it is an open rural area where parking is not a premium commodity.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I have stayed at this hotel several times and am always happy with the value and service. The rooms are clean and spacious. I love that it is a two-room suite, perfect when I bring the kids. The staff is always very welcoming and friendly. Happy hour snacks and breakfast are complimentary and convenient.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2016

We stayed one night while visiting Six Flags. The hotel we usually stay at had no vacancy, which led my search to Embassy Suites. While a little more than what I wanted to spend on lodging, this was a great value. The room was very spacious and accommodating. A sofa bed in the living was perfect for our extra visitor. A separate room with beds gave us privacy while the kids watched tv in the living area. Nice wet bar with fridge and microwave was ideal for feeding the family at the hotel. Complimentary happy-hour was a special treat. Complimentary breakfast included made-to-order omelets, pancakes, hashbrowns and bacon. Usual pastries, fruit, yogurt and oatmeal were also offered. The room was clean. They certainly can use better pillows. The hallways, being high traffic areas, surely could use a good clean also. Parking was a little snug, but plentiful, therefore, I don't see the need to charge for parking. Our stay was comfortable and convenient and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Booked this for proximity to Magic Mtn. And the 1 bdrm suite for 4 people. Was greeted and felt welcome on checking as Diamond Hilton Honors and went right up to a clean room. The sofa bed was a little small for my 2 children and maybe needed updating but we got some more padding for 2nd night and seemed happy. This loc. Is close to magic Mtn and has food and stores close by the hotel. Loved breakfast included and cooked to order omelets and eggs, thou could use a few more hands to cook for a line of guest that love this service. Great stay and they keep moving the hotel clean for its age, also there is a charge for self parking.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2016

We always stay here on our way home from Mexico, this time from Arizona. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are always clean and spacious and the wifi works well. The evening reception is always a great way to end a long drive and visit with other guests. The cooked to order breakfast is always good and plenty to pick from.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2016

As we approached our room, I noticed that the halls weren't well vacuumed. Unfortunately, neither was our room. There were crumbs and dust left around the edges (but accessible enough to be in plain sight). The air conditioning produced an unpleasant, musty smell which added to the unclean feeling. The staff was friendly enough, but the cleaning staff manning the breakfast buffet need to give hotel guests more time/space before clearing plates. I felt like there was constantly someone reaching over me to take my plate or something off the table. The breakfast food itself left a lot to be desired (with the exception of the omelettes, which were fine). Overall, I felt like we were paying over $200/nt to stay at a 2-star budget motel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple