“Typical Hampton and that's Ok”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is your typical Hampton Inn, and that just fine with me. I know what I'm going to get.

The purpose of my trip was to haul several band instruments down to Disneyland and back from Seattle. Enroute to Disneyland, I planned on visiting Magic Mountain which is nearby. I hadn't requested a ground floor (my mistake) when making the reservation, however, the front desk was very accomodating in finding a rrom on the 1st floor to allow me to bring all the instruments into my room.

The breakfast area seemed a little small, and had to wait for a space to open up to sit down and eat.

Rooms and beds are typical of Hampton Inn. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank F4_Washington
Vince S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for your response! We truly value any comments and reponses by our guests. If at any time during your stay we can do something to make it better please let us know. We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed here Friday April 6, 2012 for the night after going to Magic Mountain. The two girls that checked me in were fantastic! They were so nice and so excited to tell me that I was the guest of the day, they gave me a goodie bag and a balloon! Someone stole my parking spot, but it's okay, I'll live :) The room was absolutely perfect, clean, cozy, beautiful. Breakfast was a great way to start the day. We actually hung out in the room until checkout time just because it was so cozy.
We will, without hesitation, stay here from now on when we head back to Magic Mountain, which will be several times this year since we bought the year pass. The staff that checked us out was just as nice as the staff the night before. Thanks for a great experience, Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Good rate, great room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mendoza830
Vince S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great comment. So glad to hear that you were picked to be guest of the day! Guest of the day was created by our front desk staff and they trully enjoy it! Your great comment was sent out for all of our staff to see! We are happy to know that you will return and we are excited to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Cozy accommodations, great service, lovely breakfast. We had a great time and thought it was well worth the reasonable rate.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank HappyTrails0368

Thank you so much for your comments! The Hampton Inn – Santa Clarita team and I believe you are an important aspect in helping us meet our future guest’s expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I, again, as a single female stayed at this Hampton Inn. The staff are so helpful and friendly. They accomodated my specific request for a room and were very helpful on my departure. When I'm in this area i will always stay at this hotel..They are the best!

Room Tip: I have found 4th floor in the back to be very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank cjnaples_10
Vince S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you so much for your great comments! We trully appreciate you taking the time to post such a nice comment about us. Our whole team looks forward to having you come by once again. Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I just stayed there this past week on a trip to Magic Mountain. This hotel was a short drive to the park without all the hastle of being across the street. Easy acess from the freeway and plenty of places to eat around the hotel, both fast food and sit-down dining.

Our room was extremely clean and nice as every Hampton we have stayed in. The front desk and all staff at this location are SUPER nice and helpful. Heather was great as she gave my husband and I directions to this cool pizza place called Chi Chi's.

Breakfast here was your typical Hampton breakfast, which in my opinion you can't beat. Our bed was a little firm for our taste, but better than no support at all. This hotel had something we had never seen before which is fresh oatmeal, not instant packets. I don't know if this is a new thing for Hampton, but it was awesome! Served with your coice of fixins for it too.

All in all, a great hotel for the area especially if you are going to Magic Mountain,

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank englishteacher702
Vince S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us such a great comment! We trully appreaciate your time and your great feedback. Heather says, "Hi!" The Hampton Inn – Santa Clarita team and I believe you are an important aspect in helping us meet our future guest’s expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here on March 7 for 1 night. We were warmly greeted by the young lady on duty. I requested a room on the back side of the hotel away from the I-5 traffic. We thought it would be quieter but there were 4 people in the hot tub that evening talking loudly until the 10 p.m. curfew...not that big a deal since we were still awake, just annoying. The room was spacious and comfortable. About a half hour after we were in the room we had a call from the front desk checking to see if everything in the room was satisfactory. That's a nice thing to do.
The only complaint I had was that when the bathroom door was opened all the way it blocked access to the right side of the bed. I travel with a night light that I put in the bathroom so I can find my way there in the dark. We could only leave the door open a crack or one of us would have run into the door if it were opened further.
Fresh made cookies were brought out at 6 p.m. I wished they had been available at the 3 p.m. check-in time as we were heading to dinner around 6:30 and didn't want to ruin our appetite. We did find some cookies left when we returned from dinner so took them back to our room for dessert.
The breakfast buffet is always more than adequate at all the Hampton Inns I've stayed at. Good variety of cold and hot foods. One complaint at this one is about the cut fruit. It was sitting in liquid (fruit juice) and seemed to be several days old as it was mushy. Other than that the food was great. I would definitely stay here again. It is a convenient location when traveling I-5 and has lots of restaurant and fast food choices close by.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Marilyn J
Vince S, Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you for your response and valuable feeback. We appreaciate you taking the time to write such a detailed response. On your next visit let us know about any of your concerns and we will definately accomodate you as best as we can. Whether it's getting you a night light, or a different breakfast option, or making sure we put you in the right room away from the pool area. We love special requests so dont be shy and let us know what we do for you! Thank you again and we trully hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We arrived at The Hampton Inn after a six hour drive. Unfortunately, the young lady at the front desk was less than welcoming & could barely force a smile. Customer service is important to us & we didn't find it upon checking in. Maybe she was having an off night?
The room was clean & it looked as though it had been recently renovated. We requested a room on the back side of the hotel away from the freeway noise & tha hotel came through. Nice & quiet. The drawback? The bed was hard as a rock! Extra extra firm? I didn't sleep well at all & my shoulders & hips were sore. Even my husband who prefers firm beds thought that it was much too firm. The rest of the staff we encountered seemed pleasant & the breakfast was handy enough. We will most likely try The Embassy Suites next time so we can accrue our Hilton points or go back to The La Quinta Hotel that's located beside The Hampton. Even though we wouldn't accrue points there, the beds are very comfy & the rooms are more spacious.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Erin F

We apologize for the lack of service received upon check in. It is important for us to follow up with our crew and refresh their memory on what our standards are and what is expected. Customer service is important to us as well... it is actually one of top priorities. We value your opinion and we thank you for your valuable feedback because it will help us to improve our service in the future. Also, on your next visit with us to let us know about the miscomfort of the beds so we can provide you with extra blankets, extra pillows or a comforter so we can meet your needs. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you back soon.