Just overnight @ the Dream Inn with my family members who from my parents to kids, nieces all had a great time staying @ this beach hotel! Even though the hotel was booked at its capacity, we didn't see that many guests to be inconvenienced.
Jeremy @ the Front Desk was efficient at welcoming/checking us in and showed us a few reputable restaurants. Most of the Front Desk Staff had his/her "favorite things to do" displayed on the check-in table in front of their computer which was the 1st hotel I've seen it done. Bellman Tim had his hands full @ the Curbside but managed to help cart all our luggages at once. Restaurant Wait Staff (Alex & Alisa?) were professional & helpful! Pool side staff served with a smile. Housekeepers greet you in the hallways.
Since it is a high travel season, with amenities other nearby lodgings are not able to offer: right on the beach, nice heated outdoor pool with a pool bar, jacuzzi, and a restaurant with a fabulous Pacific ocean/Wharf view), comfortable rooms with cheerful interiors, you get what you pay for which is higher than other lodgings.
Pros -- small details count:
1. Great friendly customer service throughout the hotel property. We ended up staying in for dinner/breakfast at the hotel, the restaurant Aquarius manager charged us a little (not full prices) after we shared with him the 2 unsatisfying dinner appetizers. He apologized and thanked us for informing him. The way a professional/committed customer service would respond.
2. Comfortable cheerful rooms facing Pacific Ocean to hear the waves at night.
3. Good strength and temperature of water @ shower.
4. Good #/size of waste baskets in the rooms. Full size of mirror.
5. Good location between the scenic Cliff Drive and Wharf where you could sightseeing sealions below the restaurants and shops.
1. Our room's AC started to make good level of noise around midnight that woke me up a few times. Too bad b/c the bed was comfortable.
2. If your bed is next to the restroom next door, you will hear some sound from that restroom, but hopefully you won't be bothered too much.
3. I wasn't able to get through the lines to hotel services during our overnight stay so I had to go to talk with the front desk in person ... Good thing we were able to secure a table in person for our group before the restaurant were completely booked on a weeknight.
1. It doesn't offer a Fitness Room (so a tripadvisor question of this doesn't apply) probably it thinks its guests have plenty to do: walking, juggling, swimming, etc.?
2. Hotel Valet parking overnight is currently $24. You may call the Bellman ahead of your checking out to have your car ready for you to load your luggages.
3. At the beach outside hotel balconies you will see camp activities, but it wasn't that loud to be bothered by when we were there.
4. Some edges of the rooms/walls, stairs may look aged, but the room overall looks fresh.
5. I read some reviews saying the hotel interior look cheap, it must be in the eyes of a beholder. I like this hotel group which furnishes its properties with good taste, its interior is bright, modern and cheery. My kind of hotel. I wish it wasn't as expensive, but my family splurged based on all the good stuff it did offer to its guests on top of their fine customer service. We left happy.
Thank you DI staff! Please keep up your positive responsive customer service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fun culmination between the beach and the slightly offbeat town of Santa Cruz, the Dream Inn is the ideal destination for a weekend escape, corporate event, family vacation or a romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dream Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Inn, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Santa Cruz
- Dream Hotel Santa Cruz
- Coast Santa Cruz Hotel