“it's a good hotel”

Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Munich, Germany
“it's a good hotel”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I was happy with my stay,because the hotel is close to the beach, you don't need to pay parking,because its free to park at the hotel.the pool and hot tubs are clean.the breakfast is good.I would like to stay there again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Northern Cali
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was happy with my stay. First off I booked directly with the hotel and got my AAA rate which was cheaper than other websites. When we first arrived our room had a few minor issues (our window screen looked all broken as someone had tried to break in from the pool side & our smoke alarm was just hanging from the ceiling) but the hotel staff was able to fix them after a phone call. We were on the ground floor our front door faced the parking spaces and the window faced the pool area. The room was clean and the carpet,bedding and table seemed to be updated decor. The rest of the room was a tad outdated but was fine and everything worked. I really liked being able to park my car right infront of my room too. The beds are a tad firm but that is to be expected in many hotels. We got a room with 2 doubles and it was rather large with plenty of room on each side of the bed.

The breakfast room and food served was above and beyond what I expected. They had 3 choices of cereal, oatmeal, 2 waffle makers, 2 juices, fruits, and I think they had coffee and tea too. The breakfast room is really large and empty most of the time (I think most people take the food to their rooms). The wifi reception is outstanding! I was able to get wifi in my room, pool area, parking lot and I was even able to stay connected at the park across the street.

The location is great. Right across the street....be CAREFUL CROSSING STREET cars do not like to stop at this round about eventhough there are crosswalks.....well anyways across the street is a nice little park and a bmx bike park too. Cross over the train tracks and you are right by the Neary Lagoon Nature path. The ocean/beach,pier and boardwalk are all a short walk too. This is a great spot for families and if you get a deal it is a great price!

I would have given this a 5/5 if it wasn't for the minor fixes that needed to be done and also the tile in the bathroom really needs to be re grouted and the shower rod was not bolted all the way to the wall. But 4/5 is still a really good pick. I would definitely stay here again especially if I can get the same rates.

Room Tip: get a room that you can park your car infront of
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bokehfoto
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The hotel is older and the furniture could use some updating. However, the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Walking distance to the boardwalk and pier. Overall, an exceptional value. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Jeff_Townsend
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Very reasonable cost. Extremely clean. Helpful front desk. Bit of a walk to the "strip" but
the price difference made a wonderful dinner possible.

Room Tip: I usually like second floor to avoid street noise, but there was no noise.!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank dp911
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This is a clean hotel that offers a great continental breakfast, is close to the boardwalk and downtown which makes it easy to do many different things with the family. The kids love the heated pool and the breakfast in the morning that opens up at 7. It is a very good value for the money. We have been there many times and will keep returning.

Room Tip: The Jr. Suites on the third floor are great for families!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank FunFamily146
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Ocean Pacific Lodge. The room was very clean, pleasant, and spacious. The motel had a great location in Santa Cruz. And the rate was affordable. It was exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kimberlandia
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We are an Australian family travellling USA. We stayed at this hotel in Dec 2010 and returned in Dec 2011. This hotel is clean and comfortable. It is a short walk to the pier and boardwalk. The rooms have been renovated since our last stay in 2010. We are travelling with two young children and we felt safe at this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. We really do our homework with hotels as we travel alot and I would recommend this one.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family