All reviews hi express front desk underground parking the hotel is clean small pool stayed here for one night breakfast room complimentary breakfast beds were comfortable nice stay beach boardwalk freeway ucsc california ocean wharf
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, had to do two different rooms because we added a night when we arrived - no problem at all, we knew that could be a possibility.
First room we had a king with pull out couch for our 2 kids. Fine enough. Second room we moved to a double queen room, nice spacious bathroom. Unfortunately the bathroom pipes made a terrible sound that of course we didn’t notice until the kids fell asleep and the room started to get quieter. Sounded almost like a rusty wheel turning, which would last about 5 minutes long, roughly every half hour. All. Night. Long. My husband got up a few times and fiddled with the toilet tank to see if that could be it but to no avail. I spoke to the front desk attendant and she didn’t seem to be all that concerned that affected our sleep. She thanked me for letting her know and then busied herself with the fedex package that had just been delivered. I don’t know which was more frustrating - her lack of concern or our lack of sleep.
We usually find great luck with the Holiday Inn Express chain, but this one definitely fell through the cracks for us.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimosita
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Hello Kimosita,

Thank you for being honest about what transpired during your stay with us. I am sorry you had an average experience due to the noise coming from the bathroom pipes, as well as the lack of sufficient actions taken by the staff to address your concern.

I assure you your feedback will not go unheard as the hotel management, particularly the maintenance team, has already been made aware of your dissatisfaction. Also, please know the details of your experience will be used for training purposes and corrective measures to ensure similar situations can be avoided.

I am aware you might be hesitant to stay with us again, but I hope you do for a chance to turn your undesirable experience into a positive one.

All the best,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

The room was Clean. Staff was friendly however, the location leaves you too close to the dirty side of Santa Cruz. For the price I payed I would have expected a quieter room.
We were entertained by drunks arguing loudly outside ..
overall it was not horrible.. but not sure we would stay there with children.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Nice stay in Santa Cruz.

Room was clean and functional, with everything you might need.

Breakfast standard for Holiday Inn Express.

No problems during stay. Staff was good.

Downside: 7usd aprox for parking.

Enjoy!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ToroSD
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed while doing a U.S road trip and the staff upgraded us. Very kind of them and it made for a luxury stay. Free Parking and a great Breakfast. Thank you for making us feel so welcome on our Road Trip.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petetravel648
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Took my grandkids to Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk to take them ice skating we stayed here at the Holiday Inn Express and Santa Cruz which the room was very comfortable and quiet the breakfast was pretty good my only complaint was the hit in parking fee that you're not aware of it until you check in

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank krysheila99
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Hello krysheila99,

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you found our rooms comfortable and that you enjoyed the breakfast selection. On the other hand, it is regrettable that the parking situation negatively affected your overall satisfaction. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Best Regards,