All reviewshot tubnice and clean hotelquick weekendkeurig coffee makerwalk downtownmodern roomssmall refrigeratorlast minute tripa wonderful staydefinitely stay here againconvenient locationmotelboardwalkpropertiesshampoo
Reviewed April 3, 2018

This hotel is way over priced for even a budget hotel. Our non smoking room smelled terrible of smoke. The sheets are suspect, and feel like cardboard. The pillows are rock hard and are all different. We had to park underneath the hotel across the street and with all the theft warnings it made us feel very uneasy all night. At 5 different times we were woken by screaming people. If you are wanting to be able to relax at all do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael m
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Drove up to beautiful Santa Cruz for the 50th annual Santa Cruz Criterium (bicycle race in downtown Santa Cruz). The price to stay at the hotel was competitive but what ultimately sold my wife and I was that it was pet friendly, central to everything, and was not a typical hotel layout (it has hard wood floors which are great). The room was great when we got there and it was probably the quickest check in I have ever experienced. I forgot a yoga mat in the room and only realized the day after that I did. I called the hotel and spoke with the manager, Sam, who is a delightful man who, without hesitation helped get my yoga mat back to me (on his own time!). Overall a perfect score in my book and I will be staying here again for the 51st Santa Cruz Criterium or any other time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Booked this room late Thurs for the weekend. The room was better than I anticipated, although the room is tiny. The queen bed takes up most of the room. There is a night stand on each side, a desk crammed into a weird spot, and a dresser at foot of bed. Nice newer bed spreads, good furniture, nice fake wood shutters, good light fixtures with elec plug in base. AC/Heater in room, easy to use.

Room included a Keurig coffee maker, small micro, and mini fridge. 32" Vizio with local & cable stations via Direct TV. Next door is a larger Chevron with a full mini-mart with snacks, sodas, and beer. No elevator for rooms on 2nd floor.

Only issue was the bathroom. It too is small, but it looks like they simply glued 1/4" thick granite looking panels to the shower walls. Fixtures were mis-matched chrome & brass, and not tight on wall. A few small holes & dents in the walls too. The room did have lots of HOT water. Watch small kids as it was very hot.

Also, while the entire hotel is non-smoking someone near me was smoking in their bathroom or room. I am allergic to cigarette & cigar smoke, triggering my asthma so this was a issue for me. When I first turned on bathroom fan & light the smell of cigarettes quickly overtook the bathroom. After discovering this I did not turn on the fan and only used the vanity light over the mirror. And I kept the door closed to keep the stench out of the bedroom.

This facility is in VIOLATION of the FEDERAL ADA laws as it does not have any ADA parking stalls. As a disabled person with mobility issues this was disappointing. Also, the parking lot is small with narrow stalls. SUVs & Trucks had issues parking and turning around.

Room Tip: Depends on if you want quiet (2nd floor backside) or easy entry (first floor next to parking lot).
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank AlohaMal
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent stay and sadly were only there for a night. The front desk was super helpful and funny. Additionally the room was clean and honestly quite homey! Perfect for travelers looking to explore Santa Cruz!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Last minuet trip was a super success thanks to Sam and the Continental Inn. Very clean and convenient! Had a great time at the hot tub and the beds were super comfy. Sam was very pleasant and accommodating. Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends