All reviews hot tub nice and clean hotel keurig coffee maker walk downtown small refrigerator modern rooms last minute trip a wonderful stay directly across the street definitely stay here again convenient location free parking motel boardwalk earplugs catalyst properties
Reviewed July 21, 2018

We were fortunate enough to be upgraded into a two bed room suite. The rooms are pragmatic and simple (not fancy) but that's just ideal considering the reasonable price, close access to everything and the friendly and accommodating staff. This is an ideal place for families or travelers who want to be close to everything Santa Cruz has to offer.Clean rooms and (I must say) some fantastic AC!

Thans to Peter and his team for a nice visit. Support family owned businesses!

- Jay

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to book a last minute stay in Santa Cruz for the Friday night of the July 4th weekend. Most places near downtown and the beach were fully booked for way too pricey.

Continental had a great mobile deal and I was able to swoop it for the weekend! Check out was 12pm but my boyfriend and I needed an extra 30 minutes to figure out our next stop and Sam was so kind to give us extra time without charge.

The place was very clean and services was excellent. Definitely coming back again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2018

This is family Vazquez, and will like to express that us staying in continental inn was very satisfactory due of the help of Mr Sam general manager.
We found the rooms very clean with all the services at hand.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2018

When we arrived the room smelled like an old stinky mop. It was a nasty smell. We called the front desk, there was no other room, so someone came to spray air freshener. The maids are loud yapping Latina woman who do not have any concept of SHUT UP, we don’t want to hear whatever they are yapping about. Just be quiet and stop your yelling to each other from one floor to another. Last thing, it looked like whoever painted the room used no tape, so the painter painted over the bathroom mirror and raggedy lines. We are NOT returning to this 1 star motel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Sam the manager and his family are great. The hotel is very clean and a great value. Sam was very understanding to get me a room when i showed up and let me come back after i checked out to use the shower. The are very customer friendly and its in a great location. I will definitely go back there.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo