“A gem recommended to us!”

May's Sushi & Grill
Ranked #199 of 389 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 2, 2017

We found May's while eating at another restaurant. We asked local students where a good sushi restaurant was, and May's was the place they liked. It's a small hole in the wall restaurant, but I think, worth the visit. It's a bit dim, but not enough as to you can't see. My daughter and I both ordered Bento boxes and really enjoyed them. The staff was nice and I think everything was fairly priced.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Ate there for dinner and ordered too much! Good variety and good value with the Bento combinations. My daughter and I order triple combinations but had enough food if we had ordered just the double combos. Really enjoyed the spicy tuna and the crunchy roll. Lots of other innovative dishes on the menu.

Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

Loved this place, nice food, tons of sushi in the "all you can eat", nice customer service, good food in general.

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Can you imagine ordering a high end scallop role and it's served dismembered with the small bay scallops just poured on top? How about ordering a Zinfandel and you get a white zin? How about a mussel app with no sauce on it? Add a server who had no idea what she was doing.
May sold her wonderful restaurant a year or so ago. It used to be 5 stars. Now even 1 is generous.

Reviewed August 11, 2016

I tried it before they had all you can eat sushi and thought it was only okay. The All YOU CAN EAT sushi is amazing. You get to order three times from a huge menu of soup, sushi rolls, nigiri, salad, tempura. That means you can order five rolls, soup, salad, tempura and more for your group for each round. We usually are so full after the second round that we don't go for the third round. Be careful not to order too much because you have to eat it or you get charged extra. Get half rolls so you can try them and see if you want another one next round. They are really nice and it's fun to try new things that you don't usually get. If you are not a mayo sauce kind of person, ask to get your rolls with no sauce or sauce on the side.