“Great fish and chips”

Price range: US$0 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Aldo's Harbor Restaurant is a third generation, family run business located in the Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor. Aldo's serves Breakfast and Lunch with Dinner service offered in the Summertime. Aldo's boasts a fabulous outdoor deck which overlooks the Harbor, beach and Monterey Bay.
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Fried food feast! Outdoor seating right near harbor. We enjoyed calimari and chips. Wear a hat if it’s sunny

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying the food was good. And a nice place to eat outside. Dog friendly. But the service is horrible. I understand "beach time" but when every step of the process -- from getting a menu (10 min) to getting water (20 min) -- the ability to meet a customer's needs has to be looked at.

To be honest, I was ready to let these things go. But when the servers are rude, I have little patience. After it took 20 minutes for water, I asked the waiter nicely if they were backed up. I mentioned that if so, it might be better to leave since I had to be someplace by a certain time. He replied "I didnt realize you were in a rush." I was taken a back. Perhaps a better response would have been "Sorry. I know it is taking time. But your food should be out." I of course responded, "I didn't expect it to take 20 min to get water."

Just upsetting and made the rest of the meal -- which did come right away -- just a bit upsetting

And this was on a Tuesday at 2 PM. I understand the restaurant was shortstaffed and have no problem with that -- things happen. But work on the customer service

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Busy on weekends not too bad during week. Totally outdoors so sunscreen or coat required depending on our fog. Large portions, great Bloody Mary's, incredible view. Bring the kids and dogs....

Reviewed August 5, 2018

I have been eating at Aldo's with my dad since I was little. Every time we head over the hill to surf, this is our go-to spot afterward. The food is amazing and fresh (especially my favorite dish, the crab benedict) and the service is great. Even with a temporary location due to recent construction, they continue to get your food out fast and hot and always with a smile. This restaurant has been a great part of the harbor community for years and I would recommend it to visitors and Santa Cruz natives alike. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

I have a friend who lives over the hill and frequently wants to go to Aldo's for the view and the calamari and chips. Three of us had lunch on one of those simply spectacular days in Santa Cruz. Not too hot, the sun was shining and we enjoyed the lovely view of the harbor marina.

The picture of Aldo's on Trip Advisor shows a permanent structure that is currently under renovation as they shore up the pier where it is located. The temporary location is currently close by in the marina area and run out of a food truck type of structure with outdoor seating and table service with wait staff.

Their fried calamari and homemade fries are some of the best - maybe the best in the area. Two of us delighted in the calamari and our other friend ordered their fish tacos and was not disappointed. They also serve breakfast all day and I have never been disappointed with the quality of their food.

The service is excellent, the environment is lovely and fun! This is a Santa Cruz favorite for me!