“Great location!”
Review of Pelican Point Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Pelican Point Inn
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We traveled to Santa Cruz last week and spent two nights at the Pelican Point Inn. I had read reviews and decided to call and make reservations. At the time I made reservations you had to call the property directly, now I think you can rent via Hotels.com, etc. Anyway their web site at the time stated that the season we were visiting the rate for the Studio was $139. That sounded good to me and when I called I was told the room would be $99.00 so I am thinking wow this is great. When we checked in the room charge was $155/night. I questioned the woman who checked us in and she said " I can't believe I would have said that". None the less we stayed. The Studio is very clean, King bed, two burner stove, full size refrigerator, nice bathroom and a loveseat. The TV was on a stand opposite the bed so if you wanted to watch anything you had to sit on the bed, or turn the position of the TV around so you could sit on the love seat and watch with your neck turned to a hard left. Our unit was facing East Cliff Drive and we were worried the it would be noisy for sleeping but that was not a problem at all. It is very close to two great restaurants, Star Bene, and Lago de Como. There is also a coffee shop very close called the Windmill for pastries and coffee. All in all we had a good trip but probably would not stay in a studio unit again.

Room Tip: Upstairs maybe, or a unit not facing East Cliff Drive.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 May 2016

This is a beautiful spot, close to the beaches,. They have just renovated the rooms. It has a nice kitchenette, well furnished and convenient. It is family owned, people are friendly and helpful.
Santa Cruz is an expensive place to stay, and the Pelican Inn is more reasonable. The beds are comfortable. There is a separate bedroom, so its a good place to come with children. There are comfortable chairs to sit in. If you want a place to stay for a while, you can settle in. There is no pool - but, hey - there's an ocean within walking distance!

Room Tip: I think any room would be good. They are all the same.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2015

The manager, Ann and employees at Pelican Point Inn went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. They suggested wonderful restaurants, close access points to the beach and hiking trails and were accommodating in every way. The room we had included a king bedroom, one updated bathroom and full kitchen. There were two single beds in the front of the studio. All beds were very comfortable. Two points to consider, there was no table on which to sit and eat meals and the road noise was very noticeable. I believe updates to the facility are ongoing. The price was reasonable in the month of September. We loved that we were one block from the Twin Lakes State Beach, a beautiful location and many restaurants as well Starbucks are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Just be aware the road noise is quite loud as this motel is on a major road.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2015

We have stayed at Pelican Point Inn a number of times. It is a lovely, dog-friendly place with good beds and kitchenettes. Great base for all your Santa Cruz activities. Friendly owners/operators. The rooms are neat and clean and the area is central to lots of options. It's located in a residential area so it feels more homey and comfortable, not so touristy. There are lots of local places to eat and great walks nearby.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim C
Reviewed 13 April 2015

If I was rating based on their customer service, they would get a 5. However; I have to base my rating on the amenities provided. My family of 5 and our dog stayed in room #6 which was a 2 bedroom downstairs unit. The check-in process was wonderful, I had a great conversation with the gal at the front desk.

I was VERY disappointed when we walked into our room. I had called the day before our trip to confirm if the kitchenette had pots/pans/glasses, etc. The owner Ann said it was a fully stocked kitchen, no need to bring anything. There was 1 small pot, 1 small frying pan, 4 mismatched forks and only 2 bowls!! We were able to get 2 medium sized pots and had to cook our dinner in small batches. Oh, and there is no oven.

We ran out of toilet paper the first night, as there was only half a roll in the bathroom and no extras. The office was closed until 10am the next morning, but we were able to get some from the housekeeping.

The beds were VERY comfortable. We could here noise from the upstairs unit, but it wasn't disruptive at all.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jenika P
Reviewed 13 September 2014

We stayed here on our way along the coast between LA and San Francisco. We arrived fairly late, I suppose, at 8:30pm to find an envelope on the office door with the code to our door in it. At least that indicated the motel was confident about crime levels. Our family suite was what used to be, I suspect, accommodation for an on site manager as there was a door (now incapacitated) between it and the office. The was a good size main bedroom and a good shower, but a real mishmash of furniture. There was a kitchenette with an enormous fridge which dispensed ice, which was good. The beds were comfy, but noise levels were bad, particularly early in the morning. We stayed two nights and never saw a member of staff. When we left we asked a chamber maid if we could pay her.
The nearby beach and bay were beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MrsSmith1234
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Stayed here for one night as part of a PCH trip. It was a nice hotel, clean and comfortable. Not really near the "boardwalk" section of Santa Cruz but I preferred it that way. Was able to wake up and run to the beach and marina. About 1/4 mile from the beach. While in Santa Cruz spend an hour to visit the Surf Museum and one of their local bakeries.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2.7 km away
Casablanca Inn on the Beach
Casablanca Inn on the Beach
#26 of 54 in Santa Cruz

Been to Pelican Point Inn? Share your experiences!