“Average food okay environment affordable price”

Pacific Thai Santa Cruz
Ranked #117 of 405 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Happy Hour: 3-6pm Monday-Thursday Lunch Special Hours: 11:30am-2:30pm Monday- Friday Centrally located on the Downtown Pacific Ave Garden Mall, we are the only Thai cuisine and Boba tea restaurant and cafe around. We offer Lunch Specials, Happy Hour, and Dinner entrees in our modern dining room. Our walls are decorated with art made by local artists in Santa Cruz. We make up for our small location with great customer service and food.
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

The food is average or slightly above average depending on how familiar you are with Thai food. Just been to Thailand a few months ago, I have to say the chicken is too dry, curry does not have enough coconut cream or Thai spice or sugar. But the place is clean and price is quite affordable, service is fast, waitresses are friendly, wifi is fast and free, Thai ice tea is good, Thai beer is cheap. Overall it's a decent place and I particularly liked their pineapple fried rice and Thai ice tea.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Above average Thai cuisine. Start with the coconut battered sweet potato fries -- outstanding! Entrees were good. Also has boba drinks , always a good thing.

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

Frend and I, came to this place after reading recommendations on trip adviser.
Stuff is indeed very friendly and helpful.
Tea was good.
Restauran atmosphere was more like fast food. Many people come for take away food. It seems restaurant is known.

Food was visually OK but not really tasty. We had plates : sweet and sour with fish and green curry with chicken. Fish smelled strange green curry was kind of OK but not tasty.

I must admit this was for me dissapoitment because I love Thai food.

I don't think we will come here again. Sorry guys , this review is meant as constructive critic.

PacificThaiSC, Owner at Pacific Thai Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2016

We appreciate the feedback and are sorry to hear that we didn't quite make a winning first impression. While I'm happy to know that the service and presentation were​ appreciated, we always want our dishes to meet that same quality. We typically get great reviews on the flavors we use, so I'm incredibly concerned to know that you didn't feel the same way. Because this is so out of line with our standards, I'm planning to look into this a bit further. That said, I do hope you'll consider giving us another try sometime -- I know that we're capable of showing you a great Thai meal.

All the best,

Reviewed June 20, 2016

We always go to this place for bubba tea and decided to eat here. The first time the food was good and we decided to go there again. Unfortunately the second time there was horrendous. When my food arrived it had an off smell and when I checked the chicken pieces on the dish were half way uncooked! That was disgusting. Then my daughter spit her for out (she had the grilled chicken on a stick appetizer) and turns out her food was also undercooked. We complained and the server took the food back but then brought the same plate with the food mixed all on it. As if had just been put on the pan some more and again into the plate. We decided not to eat the food for the obvious reason that this is a severe health code violation. Apparently they don't think raw chicken is a big deal!

PacificThaiSC, Owner at Pacific Thai Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2016

I'm surprised to read your review, Yesenia, and this is not the usual impression we make as you saw with your first visit. That said, I do apologize that your meal wasn't prepared in line with your standards or ours. We're very careful to follow all food safety procedures, and I'll continue to look into this to ensure that our kitchen team is consistent with their preparation of all dishes.

I know that we make a better impression. I truly hope you'll consider giving us another chance to show you the awesome meal we're capable of giving.

All the best,

Reviewed June 4, 2016

One of my dearest friends is Thai and everything she cooks is sublime. This restaurant is the closest thing I've found to her cooking. Delicious, authentic Thai food is offered here in generous portions. This is our favorite restaurant in downtown Santa Cruz. Highly recommended!

PacificThaiSC, Owner at Pacific Thai Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

To read that our food reminds you of a home-cooked Thai meal means the world to me, Eileen! I'm glad you find our portions to be generous, and we couldn't be prouder to be your favorite restaurant in downtown Santa Cruz.

Come back soon,