See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This place is a somewhat run down beach town motel that is not run by an international chain with tons of money. It is not fancy. It is not sterile. There are some issues but the beds were fine, the people friendly and the location safe.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

We got to this hotel on Fourth of July at dinner time. The parking lot was full of sketchy people and the police had someone on his knees and in handcuffs. We had booked a reservation for 2 adults and 3 kids and Andy, the receptionist with a thick Indian accent, informs us that we owe him an additional $100. When my husband questions the extra fee, Andy says “it’s the way we do things in this country”. So after trying to assure him that it’s not on our contract (which I had printed and brought with us) and it’s “not the way we do things in this country, we try to cancel the reservation. He refused to call his manager. He refused to cancel our reservation. We left and called our credit card company to dispute the claim. He charged us $548!!! In the meantime, while we are looking for new accommodations on a holiday, Andy calls us back (TWICE) and tells us he can make all this go away if we just come back and give him $100. Total scam!!! I would give this place a negative score if I could. It’s not close to the beach and it’s filthy. Save your money and go down the road to Monterey. It’s gorgeous and the same cost.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Chele03
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I was not comfortable with my truck in this lot. Got hit up for money by a homeless man. Never seen soap so small. The towels were really thin with note to charge if missing. The coffee bags were puny. Had to turn off the fridge as it whined. The breakfast was pitiful. Sorry but I have nothing good to say about this place.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John H
Reviewed April 7, 2018

Found Bedbugs and roaches and the owner would not refund money. Said the bed was messed up. Yes was checking for and found bed bugs. Rip off STAY AWAY! Way too many great places in the area to stay here. Stay in your car if this all there is.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms unless you want bed bugs and cock roaches
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Dave B
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Just checked out after a 4 day visit. I had originally booked a week earlier at another place, but with the weather rainy then I notched it a week up, trying the Oceana Inn as the other was quite expensive for this Spring break weekend.

Checking in Andy was friendly and professional. Then on to the room, where I was expecting bare bones and maybe some minor problems - but nothing! The place is solid too, so little problem with noise. Everything was clean. The towels a little thin but not scratchy, the desk chair a bit low but it had wheels too, so no "rug hopping" and banging the knees to get in and out.

All in all, a terrific deal for the price, so a 5✭ rating. :^)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo