“Excellent burger bar”

Ranked #124 of 779 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed January 29, 2018

This place is a great burger bar at lunch and a french restaurant at night. The burgers are very good and reasonably priced

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I have dined at Air Food three times. This place is a nice little cozy spot a half a block from Ocean Avenue on Broadway in Santa Monica. Food is outstanding. The first time I had the Mary’s chicken and it was huge. It was so large that you have three or four people share this.
My friend had a burger and loved it! The owner is extremely friendly and very hospitable. Definitely give this place a try.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

This is a small, laid back, casual place with a great ambiance right in the heart of Santa Monica’s best area for food, fun and music. With both the chef Thierry and owner Marc being French the food is, unsurprisingly…. …French! Indeed, I found the chef once worked at my favorite little Paris restaurant Gaspard de la Nuit. No wonder I enjoyed this place so much.

Being in the Santa Monica they do some ‘traditional US’ food (read high class gourmet burgers) which are delicious, but it was their French inspired dishes that really got me excited. How can anyone make tomatoes taste sooo good? Super tasty desserts too. In fact, everything is good here, which is why I kept coming back I guess.

The restaurant also has a ‘Water Bar’ offering over 50 different bottled waters from all over the world. First time I have ever seen that.

I very much enjoyed not just the wonderful food but also the special hospitality Marc and Thierry offered. Thanks guys, I look forward to coming back. Great value, delicious and highly recommended by a true foodie

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed December 11, 2017

We ate lunch here and had their burgers and it was delicious! The owner was super nice and although they were closed and setting up for the evening, he still let us in to order lunch. This was because we had 2 young children and he said that it only made sense and that he didn't mind. We were very grateful.

While eating I saw how meticulous they were in getting things ready and how they used natural ingredients (smelled like vinegar water) to clean all the tables.

The presentation of the food was great and I highly recommend this restaurant. Its too bad we did not get to try their evening menu. We saw it but didn't have a chance to come back. Perhaps next time we are in the area.

Although I categorized this restaurant at mid-range for their pop up lunch menu. I think its more of a fine dining category during the evenings.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I’m no expert on French food, but I found this very different from what I think of as French food. It was stodgy and not at all ‘airy’. They have not got a liquor license yet and the vast array of water didn’t compensate.

The escargots were deep fried in thick,
chewy batter, the French ‘onion’ soup was so thick with bread your spoon will stand up in it, and the ‘baked’ potatoes were microwaved. There was enough meat to last us a week, which is a plus, and the sauces were excellent.

My husband says he loved it but we know of French restaurants we much prefer.

Date of visit: October 2017