“Fantastic Family Time!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Electric Bicycle Tour of Santa Monica and Venice Beach
Ranked #2 of 36 Tours in Santa Monica
More attraction details
Owner description: Santa Monica's 1st all electric bicycle guided tour (maximum of 5 riders per guide) along the beach thru the Venice Canals. See sights where tour buses and cars can't take you. Let the electric bikes take you further than you thought you'd go in this 2 1/2 to 3 hour adventure. Pedal...or Not.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Fantastic Family Time!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

We took the Santa Monica / Venice Beach tour on the first day of our week in Southern California. It was a great start to our week! Barb is a wonderful tour guide, and took us to some beautiful destinations on an cool, sunny day. The electric bikes were a blast, and worked great in either mode -- "Pedal or Not".

Visited December 2011

NYC
“What a Great Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

This was quite unexpectedly a lot of fun. My husband and I went with out 23 and 17 year old daughters and all of us thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Barb was our tour guide and was fabulous: knowledgeable, easy going and fun. It's just a really pleasant way to spend and afternoon and learn a lot about Santa Monica and Venice. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND going on this tour!

Visited August 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Highlight of our vacation - don't miss this tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Wow, this tour was one of the highlights of our vacation. The electric bikes are so cool. You can pedal or use the electric or both at the same time. The bikes have baskets for your coats/purse/stuff. The bottled water provided was a nice extra. Our guide Barb was friendly and knew the area. I loved riding on the beach from Santa Monica to Venice. The tours are small and ours was just the two of us. Barb tailored the adventure to what we wanted to see. We stopped often for photo ops and bathroom breaks. There was one very steep part when we walked our bikes; the electric motor made it easy to do this.

We took an $85 cab ride to get there from the Universal Sheraton (1.25 hours in the am traffic) and $6 bus rides back (2.0 hours). The bike tour was so worth it. Afterwards we went to the Third Street Promenade and had a wonderful lunch at the Crepe Cafe. There was lots of stores to visit a the promenade. The Concierge at the promenade mapped out our bus ride back.

I am 53 years young and do not like bike riding. I had a totally fantastic time on this tour. I highly recommend the pedal or not tour. We saw all of Santa Monica and Venice with a great guide. Do not miss this fun adventure. I am still smiling.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank 789Princess099
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend taking this tour- Staff are fantastic, and the bikes are great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Hi,

I recently went on a bike tour around santa monica, venice beach and the canals, I was the only person to book this tour on that day. Barb stil took me on the tour which I thought was awesome, I couldn't find any other company that would confirm the booking unless they had 3 or more people on the tour. Had had such a great morning with Barb, i would defiantly recommend booking with this company as I had done alot of research on the other companies and glad I chose this one. It has a more personal touch to it, oh and santa monica and venice beach are a must.

Thankyou Pedal or not for such a great tour. Ill defiantly be back. :))

Visited October 2011
1 Thank woddie_girl
Los Angeles, California
“Fun, relaxing, Exciting, informative- Everyone should Pedal or Not”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

What a fabulous experience for couples, groups, friends, or even solo!
You first start off with luxurious bicycles, ergonomic and very comfortable. As their name says it, either you pedal or not. Their bicycles look like regular mountain bikes but have a motor that can do all the work. So you can pedal, or use the motor or both. And this is not a kids motor, its powerful and will give you a wow factor.

The pedal or not experience is a modern day tour of Santa Monica and nearby Venice. We were lucky enough to have Barb as our tour guide. She has a wealth of experience and shows you things you never knew existed.

The tour is so much fun, you ride with the guide, and take quick stops to see famous landmark and take pictures. You ride along the beach, stop for breathtaking photos. You can go super fast, slow, or just cruise down the beach path.

Because you are on a bicycle you have experience you can’t have from a tour bus. You actually can stop, listen, touch and see things a bus can’t show.
You’ll have so much fun you’ll want to do it again!
And this is perfect for locals, or tourists!

Finally the people at ‘Pedal Or Not ‘really love their jobs, their happy, smiling and very nice and this makes everything so much more fun!

Visited October 2011