1,411 results
All reviews yogurt continental breakfast free parking quiet neighborhood whole foods within a mile radius wilshire blvd car service the breakfast area business trip comfortable rooms home away from home los angeles self parking wonderful hotel stay in santa monica la area
Reviewed September 22, 2018

I have called mult. Times within the last few weeks. I needed help with making a reservation for 2 rooms for 10/18 . Every time the person that answer the phone could not answer my questions and transferred me to reservations. I NEVER get a person but a recorder and told to leave a message. I have left at least 3 meassages and mult. Emails with no answer to either. So I got on line and made my reservation but I think I messed up and needed help . But still no help. I will call the corp. office on Monday. The questions, I have yet to receive any answers or help. And have wastes a lot of time to simple book 2 rooms. HELP

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Matthew B, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear mceglia,

Thank you for providing your review here on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies that you have been unable to reach a member of our team to assist you in the reservation process and I can assure you that I am investigating the cause of this communication lapse. I sent you an email, under separate cover, this morning as soon as I was made aware of the issue. Please call me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you personally.

310.315.1555
mbernard@ambrosehotel.com

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

This is a great Hotel! The staff super friendly, the breakfast was great and the rooms were wonderful. They offer a free shuttle within 3 miles of the hotel which get you down to the Santa Monica pier and the 3rd Street Promenade, as well as plenty of local great restaurants. We will stay here again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Matthew B, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Eileen T,

I wanted to thank you for providing this 5-Star review of The Ambrose here on Trip Advisor! I am extremely pleased that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our delicious breakfast, stunning guest rooms and our all electric BMW house car service. I am most notably pleased that our amazing team was able to provide you with a super friendly experience.

Looking forward to your return!!

All my best,

Reviewed September 6, 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Ambrose for two nights, the night before and the night after a scheduled surgery at St Johns. Our room (a Studio King, room 431) was a comfortable size and the decor was tastefully done. The bathroom was very nice;big and spacious and very modern This is a fourth floor corner room with a sliding window that opens to a patio on on side, and a sliding door that opens to a small balcony on the other side. Like the picture on the site except this room did not have the couch (which was fine). The bed was very comfortable, and so was the easy chair with ottoman. Nice large TV. The hotel's kitchen was closed for remodeling while we were there, but they had a nice catered continental breakfast. The staff couldn't have been better. Very friendly, professional, and helpful. We parked on site and it was only a few minutes by car from to downtown Santa Monica. This was a comfortable place to be for two days. We got a better rate by joining the "Independent Collection" of hotels (which was free), to get an IC membership number. More expensive than usual for us, but I wanted to be sure my wife felt comfortable and a little pampered, and I feel we got value for our money.

Room Tip: Our room was on the corner of Arizona and 20th. A little traffic noise but it didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Matthew B, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Joshua M,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your review of The Ambrose here on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that we hit the mark with our convenient location, spacious and comfortable guest rooms and our luxurious beds and linens. I am extremely pleased that our amazing team provided you with an excellent experience and provided all the comforts of home. We are a proud member of the Independent Collection which is a growing collection of urban jewels, unforgettable resorts, profoundly relaxing leisure destinations, and luxury experiences for the most discerning traveler. IC Hotels have a passion for service by curating unique local experiences. I am excited to unveil our new food and beverage experience coming very soon! Please stay tuned!

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Great hotel in Santa Monica, the shuttle can get you downtown very quickly. I enjoyed the happy hour event and got to meet people from all over the world. I do wish it had a pool that would be the only compliant.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Matthew B, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear kinseycornelius,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5-star review of The Ambrose here on Trip Advisor! I am so pleased that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our all electric BMW house car service and nightly complimentary cocktail hour.

Please come back and visit with us again soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

This is a gorgeous gem nestled between commercial streets. Breakfast was a good variety and customer service was great. Only downside is parking is limited or across the street in a dark area for $6.0

Room Tip: Maybe add a microwave. Don’t stick the mini fridge.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Matthew B, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear susiervelez,

Thank for your your wonderful 5-star review here on Trip Advisor! I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy our beautiful boutique hideaway, nestled in our own little corner of beautiful Santa Monica. I'm glad that you had a chance to enjoy our delicious daily breakfast.

Please come back and visit with again soon.