1,427 results
All reviews yogurt continental breakfast quiet neighborhood whole foods free parking shuttle service within a mile radius wilshire blvd the breakfast area business trip comfortable rooms home away from home stay in santa monica los angeles wonderful hotel la area street promenade
Reviewed November 7, 2018

I would definietly recommend the Ambrose Hotel. The staff is super friendly, the hotel is in a great location, and the price for the area is very competitve. They do need to improve the food choices and offer vegan options for butter, cream cheese, cheese, and even meats and are behing the times with their food choices for breakfast and their happy hour which is a nice touch, but not for someone who is plant based. Oatmeal would have been a nice option for breakfast. They do have plant based milks so that was a plus.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Matthew B, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Dear Wanderer659966,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of The Ambrose here on Trip Advisor.
We are always looking for ways to improve our complimentary breakfast and I certainly appreciate your feedback.
The team and I will look into more plant based options and do our best to dial this in for you.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2018

Our family spent a night here for our son's 21st birthday and loved it. Beautiful, fresh decor. High quality amenities. Helpful staff. And we used the house car to get back and forth to town several times. Awesome perk of staying here! Breakfast on the patio was wonderful. Highly recommend this place if you're headed to Santa Monica.

Date of stay: November 2018
Matthew B, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear Cathy H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your 5-star review of The Ambrose here on Trip Advisor!! It thrills me to see that you took full advantage of our many amenities that we offer our guests and enjoyed our beautiful new public spaces where you enjoyed our amazing new breakfast featuring freshly made fritattas!!

I hope that your son had an amazing 21st birthday and wish him many more from the entire Ambrose team.

Please come back and see us again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2018

The hotel has a great location, really close to Santa Monica Pier and the Promeade. As well as good transport conenection to the rest of the city (downtown, etc.). Great service and quality during breakfast options, as well as a complimentary cocktail and entrees from 6 pm to 8 pm. The rooms were also very tidy and confortable. Highlly recomended hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Matthew B, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear Rodrigo O,

Thanks for the great review of The Ambrose here on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our perfect location, top-notch service and delicious breakfast!

Please come back and visit with us again very soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on its reviews and proximity to an event we were attending in Santa Monica. It cost more than we really wanted to spend, but had I known it was so nice, we might have stayed another night (we were just there Saturday)! Somewhat small but certainly not cramped. Very tastefully decorated. Clean, quiet, comfortable. “Continental” breakfast included three kinds of freshly cooked frittatas, some cheeses, and cold cuts, as well as various pastries, orange juice, and coffee. Staff were friendly and efficient. Location just off Wilshire was convenient for walking to shops or getting onto PCH. I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matthew B, General Manager at The Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Dear RamblinFool,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this stellar review of The Ambrose here on Trip Advisor. It is our mission, and our passion, to provide a warm and memorable experience for our guests and I am so pleased that we hit the mark in all areas for you! I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy our delicious frittatas and our new enhanced breakfast menu.

Excited to welcome you back soon!!

Reviewed October 30, 2018

This hotel is modern, comfortable, peaceful, clean and great continental breakfast too. I had 2 stays about a week apart and when my plans had to be adjusted they were so helpful and accommodating. The rooms were spacious, well decorated and very clean. This was not a vacation for me but I would pick this hotel again for any reason to be in this area.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Road56339043479,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful 5-star review of The Ambrose here on Trip Advisor. I am extremely pleased that our team was able to accommodate and exceed your needs during your two recent stays with us. I am definitely looking forward to a chance to accommodate you when you have time to relax and rejuvenate in our little Santa Monica boutique hideaway!

Please visit again very soon.

All my very best,